The Amprobe AM-530 TRMS Multimeter is a product of many applications in repairing, troubleshooting and installation, where in contact with electrical wires and gadgets are inevitable.
With this multimeter, you can connect equipment, install wirings, identify any blown fuses, inspect continuity, inspect transformers, troubleshoot motors and engines, verify voltage presence, perform repairs, and many others. Thanks to its versatility to doing these tasks, it will be a perfect addition to an electrician’s toolkit.
This multimeter also features K-type thermos sensor that enables temperature measurement without requiring another thermometer. Through this, you can inspect if there are any temperature related issues on the parts and pieces that you are working on.
The next paragraphs will review other things that this device has to offer and hopefully, you will find reasons to include this is your toolbox.
Table of Contents
When measuring electrical units, it is important to achieve high accuracy, something the Amprobe AM-530 delivers. You can make accurate voltage and current measurements in all settings, even in noisy ones.
It can measure frequency, temperature, resistance, and AC/DC voltage. The device has the capacity to measure up to 750 Volts in AC and 1000 Volts in DC, as well as up to 10 amperes for both current types.
Assisted Light with Built-in Flashlight & Backlight
As an electrician, you would have to work under different settings. Sometimes, the areas where you need to work have poor lighting. With the Amprobe AM-530’s backlit LCD display you do not have to guess the measurements displayed anymore. Thus, accuracy is not affected. You can see the measurements as they are read by the device.
Furthermore, its built-in flashlight provides added illumination in case you need to light up a certain area that you need to work on.
Amprobe AM-530 Features & Specifications
- Provides Accurate Voltage – reaches 600V AC/DC
- K-type Thermo Sensor – for temperature measurements
- AC/DC current, Frequency, and Resistance measurements
- True-RMS – for accurate measure voltage and current measurements in any type of condition (even in noisy environments distressed by harmonics)
- Features Capacitance – for start-up and run
- Has Noticeable Continuity
- Relative Zero Mode – storage of reading memory for successive readings in order to make better comparisons
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) – displays readings in graph and digits
- Non-contact Voltage Detection
- LCD Backlight – for improved visibility in low light settings
- Built-in Flashlight – for added illumination for reading values, detection of wire colors, and identifying name tags under poor light conditions
- Troubleshooting Applications – Diode testing and duty cycle
- MAX and MIN memory – displays both the highest and the lowest readings for tracking sudden changes in the readings
- Fold-Out Stand – for hands-free operation
- Auto-ranging – for easier value reading
- Auto–power – automatic shut off of the multimeter after 15 minutes of inactivity
- Compliance with Safety Standards – CAT III (for 600 V) and CAT III (for 1000 V) safety ratings
Amprobe AM-530 Reviews & Ratings
The Amprobe AM-530 has already garnered quite an attention among electricians with its 340+ reviews. Based on the customer feedback as well as our own assessment of this device, we give it a rating of 8.8/10 stars. A huge percentage of its online customer base has good things to say about this product.
One customer was highly recommending this unit as it provided a solid feel, reliable protection, well-defined detents, and many other decent functions. He was incredibly impressed with the features of the unit, especially with regards to its design.
Another customer has expressed that this is one attractive multimeter for its full features. It possesses all the aspects that is needed to complete general electric work. It had impeccable build quality as the buyer has stated. And lastly, he commented on the usefulness of the backlight and flashlight of the unit.
Things to Improve
The Amprobe AM-530 is not a perfect multimeter, which means that it also has its flaws.
One customer noticed that the auto-ranging feature of the unit was slower than expected. He also added that the LCD display had a limited vertical viewing angle when used indoors, which can pose a bit of a struggle. Lastly, the same customer said that he found the fold-out meter stand a bit flimsy.
These things really do need some improvement, especially since electricians have high expectations for the device they use to accomplish their tasks. But other than these minor flaws, the Amprobe AM-530 has an outstanding value for the entirety of its features, functionality, and convenience of use.
The Amprobe AM-530 is a multimeter perfect for any electrical application, whether this is repairing electrical components, troubleshooting electrical gadgets and motors, installing wire systems, checking continuity, and many others.
It is a good addition to a professional electrician’s kit because it does not only make the job more accurate and easier, it also provides enough protection against overloading and other work-related hazards.
Check out other best multimeter reviews.