After buying a new car, the next thing you’d want to do is to keep it clean all the time. To make this possible, you will need the best car wash mitt to help you get the job done.
High-quality car mitts will ensure that your paintwork is taken care of as you wash your car. Compared to other materials like sponges or cloth, car mitts are made with materials that prevent fine scratches and swirl marks on your car.
There are many types of car wash mitt in the market today and it can be a bit overwhelming if it’s your first time to buy one. Read on and you will find some helpful tips and product recommendations to help you with your choice.
Best Car Wash Mitt Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Car Wash Mitt Review
- 2 The Best Car Wash Mitt Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Washing your car doesn’t have to be such a boring and dull task and you can rely on the best car wash mitt to transform your experience for you. The Chemical Guys Chenille Microfiber Wash mitt offers an extra plush, fluffy material that can hold a ton of suds to make your car washing duty enjoyable.
The MIC 493 is a microfiber wash mitt that is super absorbent and soft to ensure that your paintwork is protected from swirls and scratches. Compared to other wash mitts, the Chenille microfiber’s plush noodles can absorb water and soap to remove grime and dirt on the filthiest vehicle with great results.
It works on metal, glass, plastic, and other types of surfaces. The bright green microfiber that this premium car mitt was designed with helps highlight debris and dirt so you know the perfect time to rinse it.
This car mitt is made with high-quality materials with its blended microfiber that can stay softer for longer hours, unlike low-quality products. It is also made with double-stitched cuffs that snugly fit your wrists for a more comfortable detailing experience.
This scratch-free car mitt can be cleaned easily by throwing them into the washing machine for a few minutes. Keep your daily driven car, show car, or race car clean and maintain perfect paintwork with the Chemical Guy’s Chenille Microfiber wash mitt.
Keeping your daily driven car clean is a top priority but you can’t really trust any car wash to do a great job. The only solution is to personally wash your car using the best car wash mitt in the market to get the job done. BlueCare Automotive’s Highest Density Microfiber Wash Mitt is a professional grade product that can hold a lot of water and soap.
This premium car wash mitt is made of more high-quality chenille fingers compared to other car wash mitts today. It has soft woven microfiber yarns that are shaped like fingers which create an ultra-absorbent effect.
BlueCare Automotive’s Premium Microfiber Car Wash Mitt can be used wet or dry and is designed to be non-abrasive to ensure that your paintwork is protected. For those who are detailing a car for a big show, this car mitt’s fat, fluffy fingers are made to hold soapy water which maintains soap between the paint and the mitt. Because of this, the friction is reduced which gives the car a shiny and enhanced finish.
It comes in a set of two which means that you can use the other mitt to dry up the car after cleaning it with soap.
This premium microfiber car mitt is easy to clean and you can keep them lint-free if you wash them one by one. You can also choose to machine dry them using the lowest setting. Get these car wash mitts today to get a free polishing cloth.
Meguiar’s has been producing products for car wash and detailing for more than two decades and their X3002 wash mitt does not disappoint. This is the best car wash sponge that can lift and trap dirt while making sure that your paintwork is swirl-free.
It is made to be super thick so it can absorb up to eight times its own weight with soapy water to deliver a great finish on all surfaces. It is made of extra absorbent microfiber material that carries more suds compared to other brands.
Meguiar’s X3002 Microfiber Wash Mitt is designed to be gentle on the car’s paintwork while making sure that it removes all types of dirt. It’s extremely soft and deep microfiber material lifts and traps grime and dirt safely for an excellent swirl-free finish that makes your paint job look as good as new.
It’s recommended to use the two-bucket wash method along with this premium mitt to ensure that you remove all dirt on the car’s surface during the wash. This premium wash mitt is lint-free and can be washed in the machine to be used repeatedly.
Meguiar’s created a powerful microfiber car wash mitt to ensure that you get that car show finish for your vehicle in every wash. Don’t be the last one to use this professional, high-quality, best car washing mitt and buy one today to achieve detailing perfection.
Microfiber is a high-tech synthetic fiber that is microscopic in size, making it more effective for cleaning purposes than fabrics. The Dynamitt Microfiber Dual-Sided Car Wash Mitt uses this technology to deliver the best sponge to wash car with a dual purpose to suit your needs.
It is safe to use on all types of delicate surfaces so you don’t have to worry about your car’s paint job being scratched or having swirls patterns. This car mitt was made with a dual-sided design with thick Chenille specifically for heavy-duty and large area usage on one side. The other side features a towel for wiping, waxing, polishing and detailing for a perfect finish.
DynaMitt Microfiber Dual-sided Wash Mitt is made of 85% polyester and 15% polymide that enable it to hold up to 7 times its weight of washing solution. The DynaMitt car wash mitt lifts and retains all kinds of dirt to make sure that the finish is free of lint, smears, streaks, and fine scratches. It was also designed with a side panel that is elevated to keep Chenille off of polished surfaces.
It has a wristband that ensures a tight fit to prevent slipping as you wash your car. This makes it more convenient for you to scrub dirt and grime off.
Take advantage of this great dual-sided car wash mitt to maintain your daily driven car or car show vehicle to give them an enhanced, glowing and beautiful finish.
To achieve the perfect detailing finish, you need the best car wash mitt to lift and remove all types of dirt on the car’s surface. Griot’s Garage microfiber wash mitt offers an excellent wash mitt that promises to clean your car’s surface completely no matter how filthy it is.
This car washing mitt is made of high-quality microfiber material that gives you all the great detailing benefits you need. It can hold more water than other brands but it’s made to be rinsed off with a quick shake in the bucket.
Griot’s Garage 10268 has hundreds of twisted strands made to be extra soft and gentle on any type of paint job. It holds an extra amount of soapy water to act as a lubricant when it touches the car’s surface to protect the paint and keep it shiny.
Griot’s garage gives you two colors so you can use them separately on different parts of the car. If you have two cars, you can use one mitt for each to ensure that you are not exchanging dirt and grime between cars. These mitts provide you with no worries as you wash your car with its elastic cuffs that keep them on.
To keep these mitts clean, you can choose to wash them in the machine or line dry them depending on your choice. It is very quick to dry and can be used multiple times, making it cost-effective and convenient.
The Best Car Wash Mitt Buying Guide
Why do you need a car wash mitt?
The role of the best car wash mitt is to pick up grime and dirt particles from your car’s surface so it can hold it within the mitt’s fibers and away from the paint job. This prevents the dirt particles from being dragged across the car’s surface which causes fine scratches and swirl marks that most clothes and sponges create after washing.
Note: Some car mitts are made for specific purposes such as cleaning, buffing, drying and wiping.
Things to Consider When Buying Best Wash Mitt
1) Type of Material – In general, there are three types of materials that are used to make the best car wash mitt. Aside from their material, they also differ in effectiveness and quality. Here is the breakdown among wool, microfiber, and synthetic types of car wash mitts.
2) Wool Car Wash Mitt – This type of car mitts is made using pure wool that creates a soft material with a longer fiber. They are made to be gentle and will not do any harm to the car’s paintwork. Although wool mitts are effective, they are not as durable as microfiber mitts.
3) Microfiber Car Wash Mitt – This is the most popular material used for car mitts today. They are made with noodles that allow it to clean areas that are difficult to reach. The only downside to microfiber mitts is the short fibers that they are made with. However, compared to a wool mitt, a microfiber wash mitt is known to have better performance.
4) Synthetic Wool Mitts – This is an alternative material that you can choose if you want longer fibers for your car mitts. It is more affordable than pure wool mitts but is said to be not so gentle with the car’s paint.
5) Cost consideration – Most car wash mitts are affordable and most consumers can buy them off the shelf. This means that you need to check your budget when you are considering the cost to help you decide.
It won’t be difficult to find a car wash mitt that will fit your budget. To get the most out of your money, you can even choose to buy mitts that come in packs.
6) Quality – Just like any other product, there are high-quality and low-quality choices. By default, high-quality products cost more but they also promise better performance and effectiveness. However, if you only need the car wash mitt for a day or two for an event, a low-quality wash mitt should do the trick.
7) Color – While color might not be your first priority when it comes to choosing the best car wash mitt, it plays a big role in keeping your organized when washing your cars. The colors usually highlight the dirt particles that it picks up from the car so you would know when you need to rinse it and keep it away from the paint job.
How to Use Your Microfiber Wash Mitt
1) General Purpose – The microfiber car wash mitt that you need for this is the standard 16 x 16 towel with terry cloth and a blend of 80% polyester and 20% polyamide. This kind of towel is great for wiping paint, vinyl, glass, plastic, and leather. It is made with medium thickness and plushness so if you need to do some quick detailing on the car, you can use this towel more frequently.
2) Polishing and Cleaning Glass – The best car wash mitt works great for polishing and cleaning glass surfaces because of some basic characteristics. First, the mitts need to be a hundred percent lint-free which means that the weave needs to have shorter fingers compared to the general purpose mitts. Today, edgeless” microfiber wash mitt is available to reduce scratching with the bindings removed.
A good quality wash mitt for cleaning glass should leave the smallest amount of water possible to allow the droplets to evaporate without leaving a trace. It should also have a good amount of scrubbing power to remove the residues which cause traces and streaks.
3) Drying – There are two types of microfiber towels that are best used for drying purposes: the terry cloth and waffle weave. If you are going to use your car wash mitt specifically for drying your vehicle, you need to choose either of the two for enhanced effectiveness. It’s good to know that if you choose a thick, heavy terry cloth weave, it will be harder for you to wring water out of it.
The waffle weave literally looks like a towel with a waffle pattern and it has the ability to absorb water almost instantly. It comes in different colors and weights so you can choose which one best suit your needs. The highest-quality drying waffle towels offer satin as their edging bounds.
4) Cleaning – There are microfiber wash mitts that were made specifically for cleaning and their weaves are usually very tight and rugged. This type of microfiber wash mitts are not very absorbent and are intended mostly for janitorial work instead of car detailing.
However, if you have to clean a pickup or a truck that’s been in muddy terrain, this might give you a better chance of removing all the dirt.
5) Final Buffing – There are microfiber suede fabrics that are both used in the clothing and car detailing industry. This type of microfiber car mitts is mostly used as the final buffing towels because of their extra soft characteristic.
Note: It was said that although these suede microfiber fabrics are soft, they do not make any noticeable difference in enhancing the final buffing when compared to general purpose mitts.
What You Need to Know About Microfiber Car Mitts
- Looks can be deceiving – You cannot judge the performance of a microfiber product by the looks and feel of it. Due to this, you have to make sure that you test the product before buying it.
- Colors make a difference – It is known that products with dark colors will never feel as soft as light-colored ones. If you want the softest product, get the lightest color possible.
- Edge binding is important for car detailing – Car mitts that are bound with polyester thread or those that are improperly cut using a hot wire will definitely make fine scratches on your car’s paint.
Overall, the best car wash mitt will not only ensure that you keep your car clean at all times, but it will also ensure that you don’t have a hard time doing it. These car mitts are made with high-quality materials that keep it lubricated as it glides across the car’s body.
A good quality car wash mitt is usually made of microfiber as it allows cleaning the car’s hard-to-reach areas with its small fibers. It also made to be extra-soft to avoid fine scratches, traces, and swirl marks on your car. The best car wash mitt comes at an affordable price and is usually offered in packs of two to give you the best value for your money.
Read more about other Car tools here:
- Best Car Battery Charger
- Best Brake Pads
- Best Fog Light Bulbs
- Best GPS for Car
- Best Car Covers Reviews
- Best Car Wash Mitt
- Best Floor Mats for Cars
- Best Rear View Mirror
- Best FM Transmitter
- Best Windshield Wiper
- Best Headlight Restoration Kit
- Best Cell Phone Holder
- Best Seat Cover
- Best Brake Fluid Review
- Best Rated Car Wax & Polish
- Best Tire Dressing Reviews
- Best Car Paint Sealant Reviews
- Best Fuel Stabilizer
Last update on 2020-09-22 at 19:07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.