Even the best keychain flashlight may not be as bright and durable as the bigger flashlights. However, one of its advantages is that you can carry it everywhere at any time. It can be used as a backup illumination tool, just in case you don’t have your bigger flashlight with you.
A flashlight is a handy tool that you can use on various settings that you might run into. It is considered as one of the emergency devices that one should have to prepare himself for inevitable circumstances.
Keychain flashlight is an accessible tool that can be used for a lot of things. You can use it as a source of light to look for anything that you’ve drop on areas with small spaces and you may also use it to light your pathway when you have to walk in a dark street early in the morning.
No products found.
Best Keychain Flashlight Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Keychain Flashlight Review
- 2 Keychain Flashlights Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Steamlight 73001 is one of the most trusted mini flashlight keychains in the market. It is small enough for you to carry everywhere, that’s because it only measures 1.47-inch in length. It also weighs 0.8 oz., so you won’t even remember that you have a flashlight attached to your bag or in your keys.
Steamlight 73001 is available in black color. The case is made from machined anodized aircraft aluminum, making it resistant to all types of weather. The LED parabolic shape of the flashlight, lights up at a wider range. The non-rotating small carabiner at the back makes it easier for you to clip it to your bag, keys, and pocket.
The LED bulb measures for only 5mm, which is an advantage because this makes it resistant to impact. The flashlight will not break easily just in case you accidentally drop or bang it. The bulb gives 10 Lumens of light, which is enough to illuminate a dark room. The bulb can last up to 100,000 hours.
It is one of the best-LED keychain flashlights that you can give as a gift. One of the reasons is that it is convenient to use. All you have to do is rotate the head in order to switch it on and off.
Inside the package, you’ll receive the keychain flashlight along with four IEC-LR41 coin batteries. It is one of the most trusted keychain types in the market because of its high-end features and compact design.
No products found.
Glaree EO3 keychain flashlight is larger compared to Steamlight 73001. It measures 2.75 inches in length which is longer than the Steamlight but still small and convenient enough for an EDC keychain flashlight. It is made from anodize aluminum which makes it resistant from abrasion.
It gives 150 Lumens of light, which is fifteen times more powerful than the Steamlight 73001 which only gives 10 Lumens of light. The illumination power of Glaree E03 enables it to light up to 45m of distance. This keychain light is powered by AAA battery.
This is a handy tool that can be brought everywhere and is easy to use. Just like Steamlight 73001, you just have to twist the head to switch the flashlight on and off. It also weighs 0.02lb without the battery. Its two-way clip makes it easier for you to attach the device in your pocket or in your keys.
Glaree E03 can also be an ideal gift for Christmas or Graduation Day. The package includes the two-way clip, keychain O-Ring, manual and 24-hour customer service. You’ll also be given a warranty that can last up to two years after buying it.
This can be a better option to Steamlight 73001 because it’s more powerful and almost has the same positive features. However, because it uses 150 Lumens of light, it tends to drain the battery faster. It also weights heavier and its length is much longer compared to Steamlight 73001.
- 2-year warranty, Save $1 (Code: 8OFFE03B) to Order with any...
- Small but powerful aaa flashlight: 2.75inch in length, but...
- Convenient for edc: Keychain + clip can attach e03 to...
Energizer LED is one of the smallest keychain light because of its sleek and futuristic design. It has a unique appearance compared to the other keychain flashlights mentioned in this review because it is flatter and more fashionable.
The switch button is easy to find because it comprises the majority of the flashlight. It is made from a metal cast that’s making it impact resistant. It has a flat key ring that makes it easier for you to clip it in your bag or in your keys.
The three modes make the Energizer LED even more unique. It has the low, the high, and the flash mode.
The low mode is not powerful enough to illuminate a dark environment because it’s just giving a glow of light. However, this function is enough to let the other people that you’re there in the dark place.
The bulb is Nichia LED. Nichia is a Japanese brand name which is popular in making high-quality LED lights. The type of LED used in Energizer LED can last a lifetime. The only thing that you need to do is replace the battery once it runs out of power.
Energizer LED gives 13 Lumens of light and can reach a distance of up to 18 meters. You can use this one for up to two hours just by using two coin cell batteries.
This item has passed the ANSI standards, making it one of the best keychain lights in the market. However, one of the cons about the product is that it has no moisture seal. This one has the possibility to unscrew and the parts might detach easily.
It is just a small weak point about this keychain flashlight because it’s one of the cheapest high-quality products that you can buy in the market.
- [ENERGIZER POWER]: This high-tech keychain light runs on two...
- [COMPACT DESIGN]: The sleek form factor allows this light to...
- [MAXIMUM DURABILITY]: The strong metal construction allows...
Olight is a Chinese brand that is popular in making LED flashlights. Olight claims that their products like the Olight i3E are one of the cheapest keychain flashlights that you can buy in the market.
This one is made from anodized aircraft-grade aluminum, which makes it scratch-resistant. It is also an ideal gift to give on Christmas and other special occasions. It is available in different colors. It is available in blue, purple, green, silver, and black. It only weighs 4.0oz.
This product is built to withstand anything that you might encounter while doing your outdoor activities. It is an ideal tool to bring along for camping, hiking, and travelling. It is resistant to almost all types of weather because it is rated with IPX-8. This IPX rating only proves that this flashlight is totally waterproof and can be submerged in water for one meter deep for at least 30 minutes.
The bulb is Philips Luxeon TX LED and the lens is PMMA TIR; both work together to provide a bright light. Silver and black Olight i3E flashlights produce 120 Lumens of light, and the other colors give 90 Lumens of light.
The beam distance can reach up to 44 meters. This one can last up to 60,000 hours. It is powered by AAA battery. It can run up to 60 minutes with Eneloop pro-900mAh NIMH battery, and 35 minutes with AAA Greenmax alkaline battery.
Unlike with the other mentioned keychain flashlights, you’ll be given with a 5-year warranty after purchasing the product.
- ✅ Please remove the plastic wrapper of the battery before...
- ✅ BRIGHTNESS LEVELS: Run great with ONLY ONE AAA battery...
- ✅ DURABLE WATERPROOF: IPX8 rated key pendant light. Sturdy...
Pelican 1810C is a keychain flashlight that almost has the same features with Steamlight Nano. These are some of the smallest keychain light in the market. It’s just that Pelican 1810C is slightly longer, heavier, and brighter. Pelican is also available in different colors. You can choose from black, silver, blue, green, red, and gold.
Just like with Steamlight, it has a compact and lightweight design that can light up a dark room. This is easy to use because you just have to twist the head to switch the keychain flashlight on and off. It also uses four alkaline batteries.
The product is made from aluminum and it’s weather resistant. It is made as a portable tool that you can use in every outdoor activity like a sports event, camping, hiking, and more. It is 15 inches long and weighs about 0.5 oz.
This is marked IPX-4. This means that this keychain flashlight waterproof. A product marked with IPX-4 is protected from a splash of water coming from various directions for at least five minutes.
However, it is more powerful and slightly more expensive than Steamlight. This item can provide 16 Lumens of light and it can last up to eight hours and forty minutes. Steamlight provides 10 Lumens of light and can last up to eight hours. The color of the light coming from Steamlight is warmer, and the color of light coming from the Pelican 1810C is bluish.
Both Pelican 1810C and Steamlight Nano keychain flashlights almost have the same features, and all of the users are satisfied in each product.
Keychain Flashlights Buying Guide
Why Do You Need a Keychain Flashlight?
A handheld flashlight is a useful tool, but you may not be able to carry it everywhere because it takes up space. However, it is impossible for you to not to take your keys everywhere you go, and most of the time, you wear clothes with pocket.
A keychain flashlight is a recommended illuminating device that you can take everywhere with you because you can keep it in your pocket or attach it to your keys. With a keychain flashlight, you might not even remember that you have a handy device with you all the time.
Emergencies and accidents are inevitable. No one has the ability to predict when these kinds of situation will come. It is important to be prepared. A keychain flashlight is an all-around tool that you can use for situations like these because of the following reasons:
Small Enough to Fit Into Small Spaces
If there’s something that crawls into your friend’s ear, you’ll be able to see it right away. A keychain flashlight is small enough to provide a directed light towards small spaces like ears, nose, mouth, small holes, and the like.
Has the Ability to Light Up a Dark Environment
This type might not be as powerful and durable as a handheld flashlight. However, even the smallest keychain light has the ability to light up a dark room. You may use it as a back-up if your handheld flashlight runs out of power during the time of emergency.
Can be Used to Signal
You can use your keychain flashlight to let the other people know that you are in there. This is especially important when you are in a dark place and there are passing vehicles that may accidentally hit you when they can’t see you.
How to Buy the Best and Long-Lasting Keychain Flashlight
1) Choose LED – Keychain flashlights with LED bulb are brighter and long-lasting. Because of this, LED keychain flashlights are cheaper compared to incandescent Maglite. If you’re using an incandescent Maglite, you will have to change your flashlight more often.
2) Consider the Battery Type Requirement – The most recommended battery type is AAA lithium battery. Lithium battery tends to last longer. Some say that it can last up to ten years if the keychain flash light is not often used. Don’t use a NiMH battery because it drains faster. In the end, you’ll be spending more money using a NiMH battery.
There’s nothing wrong with button cell battery for a small flashlight, however, it’s not always available in nearby stores, unlike the AAA battery.
3) Check the Keychain Attachment – It is important to consider the keychain flashlight’s metal ring or carabiner. Make sure that your flashlight will snug tightly into the thing where it will be attached. Make sure that it won’t easily detach from slight friction or impact. You don’t want to lose either of your keys, wallet, or your flashlight because of a weak keychain attachment.
4) Test Before You Buy It – If you want to buy a keychain flashlight directly from a store, make sure to test it first. Testing ensures the quality of the product and that you’re not wasting your money on a defective device.
This may not be applicable when you’re purchasing the keychain flashlight online. However, you can check the warranty of the product or the return policies of the online store. Most of the time, online stores are willing to give refunds or change the defective product at no price.
5) Durability – Make sure that the keychain flashlight that you’re buying is impact-resistant. Remember that you’ll always be carrying your flashlight everywhere. There will be instances that you may accidentally drop it, sit on it, or throw it along with your keys.
6) Know What You Want – Every keychain flashlight has its own unique features that make it saleable in the market. Sometimes the strong points of the product lead to some pitfalls. That’s why it is important that you should know what you want and what you’re willing to sacrifice.
For example, there are products that can be labeled as the brightest keychain flashlight in the market. However, the common disadvantage of this is the shorter running time of twenty to thirty minutes.
There are other keychain lights that offer other tools, like a can opener, along with the flashlight. However, these kinds of keychain light may be a little bit bulky or destructive to your pocket or to your bag.
How to Take Care of Your Keychain Flashlight
- Clean it – Pocket flashlight is one of the most prone to mud and dirt because it is always being carried around with you all the time even in the outdoors. Find time to clean your keychain flashlight. Remember that your illuminating device is made from metal. Dirt and mud can cause it to rust unless your flashlight is rust-resistant.
- Keep it Away From Destructive Chemicals – Destructive chemicals like acid may also be destructive to your flashlight. That’s why it is important and safe to place your keys (along with your flashlight) away from damaging chemicals.
- Protect It From Water – Although there are types of keychain flashlights that are water-resistant, it is still important to keep your device away from too much exposure to water. Some products that claimed to be water-resistant can only tolerate an exposure to small amount of water like droplets and splash. It doesn’t mean that your device can emerge in water.
- Lube it – It is important to lube your flashlight for once in a while especially if you’re not using it often. The O-Ring might get stuck if you’re not using your flashlight often.
|GLAREE E03 Keychain Flashlight, CREE LED 150 Lumens Mini...||297 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Energizer LED Keychain Flashlight, Bright, White LED -...||826 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|OLIGHT 90 Lumens i3E EOS PMMA TIR Lens AAA Flashlight...||1,536 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Pelican 1810C Keychain Flashlight (Green)||257 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
In the above-mentioned products, the best keychain flashlight is the Olight i3E because it has the most positive features of the different keychain flashlights. It is inexpensive, bright, durable and weatherproof.
A keychain flashlight is a necessity. This is needed in emergencies and inevitable circumstances. You must choose the one that you can rely on during those times. It must be durable and usable. It must not turn you down once you need it in an important situation.
Moreover, you also have to learn how to take care of your keychain flashlight so it will last for a long time. Treat is as an important possession because you do not want to lose your money for small but important things.
Last update on 2020-10-14 at 20:47 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.