The battery is one of the most important parts of a motorcycle’s system that is why for this main reason, choosing the best motorcycle battery for your ride should be a priority. The battery can be considered as the heart of the motorcycle as it also gives power to its engine and all of its components.
Just like any other kind of vehicle, a motorcycle’s need for power varies. There are a lot of factors that dictates the kind of battery that your motorcycle needs. For example, the size of your motorcycle may directly affect the amount of power that your motorcycle needs.
Different types of motorcycles need a detailed set of battery specifications to function at its best. There are quite a few brands that are popular for manufacturing motorcycle batteries. However, popularity is not enough to choose the best motorcycle battery for your bike.
In this article, you will find some of the best motorcycle batteries available in the market today as well as tips on how to choose them.
Best Motorcycle Battery Reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Motorcycle Battery Reviews
- 2 Motorcycle Battery Buying Guide
- 3 Tips in Maintaining Motorcycle Battery
- 4 Other Things to Consider
- 5 Conclusion
The best thing about this battery model is that it fits all sizes of battery boxes because of its enclosed foam blocks.
Because of this technology, you will enjoy a very high level of flexibility when it comes to mounting compatibility for this battery. This is great if you have to buy a battery for a car that you can’t take to the shop personally. It also performs just as well as its lead acid counterparts when it comes to benefits like five time’s longer life and being lighter by 80 percent.
If you check the specifications of this battery, you will also be convinced that it is one of the best motorcycle batteries to choose. This battery can last through more than 2000 life cycles each at 80% depth discharge. It’s good to remember that it comes with a 240 lithium cranking amps.
A great thing to consider when choosing the best motorcycle battery is ease of installation. This battery is really popular for being user-friendly and the quad terminal configuration is what makes it all possible.
Besides that, this battery is highly recommended because of its 3-year limited warranty. This span of time is enough to experience defects in the battery and you don’t have to worry about paying for any kind of repairs.
Harley Davidson is number one when it comes to ultimate luxury motorcycles so you should always use the best motorcycle battery for it. This is the ideal replacement for your Harley Davidson motorbike.
The HDX30L has the same functionality as the original Harley Davidson battery. This is why you don’t have to think twice about buying this product for your Harley Davidson or any other compatible bike. It uses Absorbed Glass Mat technology that is an innovative design feature that provides users with flexibility when it comes to mounting the battery. It also gives you an assurance that no spilling is going to happen. You can be sure that even if experiences vibration, the battery will not leak.
Aside from its great functionality and innovative technology, the manufacturer of this battery also offers an 18-month replacement warranty that guarantees your money’s worth. In this case, you have a year and half to try the product to see if some parts of it fail. If something goes wrong within in that period, you can have it replaced for a new one.
The manufacturer claims that HDX30L battery’s design is beyond performance. It’s designed to answer the demands of all riding enthusiasts and gives them a battery that is hard to beat. You can be sure to be satisfied by this battery from the outside to the inside.
The main basis why people will choose this battery above all the other choices is its truly maintenance-free feature. Because of this attribute, you are able to use it for years without having to worry about maintaining it for maximum functionality.
This also means you don’t have to water it at any time. It is built with superior lead calcium skill which is included in the motorcycle battery. This is another great benefit that comes with this battery. Thanks to this technology, the gravity is detained in such a way that is more than 3 times greater compared to anything that you can get from conventional batteries.
Easy installation is another great feature of this battery and is usually favored by motorcycle owners who choose the best motorcycle battery. The installation is very simple for those who are not very well versed in installing batteries. The manufacturer of this battery makes sure that you are given detailed and easy to understand directions on how the setting up can be complete with no help from mechanics.
This battery is also sealed permanently. You don’t have to worry about driving into rough terrains where erratic vibrations can happen. You are to be sure that although these vibrations might occur, the battery will never leak. This makes it one of the safest and good quality batteries in the market today.
The BTL35A480C Lithium Iron Phosphate Motorcycle Battery can easily be one of your choices for the best motorcycle battery. It packs a very commanding 480 amps that can take care of any motorcycle’s initial needs. If you replace an old battery for a better LifePO4 battery, it’s the right way to go.
The advantage that this new battery gives you is astonishing life as well as reduced energy handling in a smaller pack. It is estimated to be up to 80 percent lighter compared to other old batteries. The weight shed from the batteries will help give you a faster, more convenient ride.
Another good thing about this battery is that it cannot create sulphate. This means that it is safer to operate this battery and it can also be stored for a longer time that is both important for motorcycle owners. Whether you want to use this battery on a motorbike, All Terrain Vehicle, watercraft, garden mower, scooter or utility vehicle, this battery will be the best choice.
The Battery Tender BTL35A480C also promises long-term energy, lightweight and power. If you are looking for a light, high quality and high power battery, the Battery Tender BTL35A480C Lithium Iron Phosphate Motorcycle Battery will surely satisfy your needs.
The best thing about it is its lightweight construction which is why it is the best motorcycle battery sold in the market. As the manufacturer claimed, the battery is 1/5 the mass of the usual batteries available for motorcycles today.
It contains high rate Lithium Ion Cells which is a very limited technology that was developed to give this battery an advantage over all of its rivals. This also means that the Shorai Lithium Iron Extreme-Rate Battery does not have acid and lead that are hazardous to your health. It was made in a way wherein none of the gas can escape the battery during the charging process.
The carbon fiber compound container that was built with this battery is also an important part of this battery. It is good because it makes the battery not just light but very durable as well. Because it contains military level stipulations, you are sure that it is going to be longer lasting and that it will perform effectively as long as it is properly protected.
Another good thing to take note of when it comes to this battery is that it is made to have a very fast recharging rate. Because of this, you won’t have to wait for a long time before you reach 100 percent which makes it more convenient for the users.
Motorcycle Battery Buying Guide
Why Do You Need a Motorcycle Battery?
There are three reasons why it is important to have a motorcycle battery for your system.
- It Allows The Engine To Start. Without the proper battery for your motorcycle, the engine will not start the motor. This is why the battery is the first thing that you need to look for when you are having problems with the engine starting.
- It Provides Extra Power Supply. Fuel is what provides that power that is needed for your motorcycle to run. However, there are parts of the motorcycle where the battery provides the power (e.g. motorcycle lights).
- It Absorbs High Electric Surges. When there are high surges of electricity within the motorcycle engine, you can count on the best motorcycle battery to absorb them. This prevents any damage to other motorcycle parts that are sensitive to electrical surges.
Tips in Using Motorcycle Battery
- Proper Installation. It’s advisable to always follow the manual that was provided by the battery manufacturer when installing your engine. If you do not understand the instructions, it is better to ask the help of people who are experts or have enough experience in installing batteries. Remember that if you fail to install the batteries properly, it might not function properly and safety issues can arise.
- Check for Compatibility Requirements. It’s good to remember that batteries are not universally compatible with all motorcycles. Before you choose a battery to use for your motorcycle, you need to make sure that the model is going to be compatible for your bike.
- Keep the Batteries Charged. It is very important to make sure that you charge your batteries at least once a week for maintenance. If they are drained a lot of times, the battery life might get shortened.
- Check Fluid Levels. This is a very important thing and should be a habit for most motorcycle riders. The fluid levels should always be checked if it’s right. Also, it’s good to remember that you need to use mineral-free water for your batteries. If any impurities are found in the water, this can affect the functionality of the battery.
Tips in Maintaining Motorcycle Battery
All type of equipment needs proper maintenance so it can last longer and function better. Here are some tips to make sure that you have a long-lasting and high-performing battery.
- Follow the Instructions from the Battery Manufacturer. You need to remember that no 2 batteries are similar. This is why you need to observe the maintenance instructions provided by the manufacturer of your battery. These set of instructions need to be understood and religiously followed. If you are having trouble, make sure to use the company hotline and ask their customer service representative all the questions that you have about your battery’s maintenance.
- Keep the Battery Terminals Dirt Free. These are the terminals are most significant part of your motorcycle battery and it is very critical for these terminals to be correctly maintained. If you make sure to keep the terminals clean, you can prevent problems connected to battery corrosion. By doing so, you will also avoid the increase of dirt and sediments. These factors need to be prevented because it causes starting difficulties.
- Check All of the Wire Connectors. You need to ensure that all the wires are in the best condition that it can be. If you notice that it is both filthy and slack, they can be factors that negatively affect the capacity that comes from your battery.
- Remember to Go for a Regular Inspection. Because most motorcycle batteries are concealed from plain sight, most users don’t get to have a visual inspection. A good thing to remember is to visually inspect the motorcycle’s battery once every month so you can see any concerns that you notice. Another good thing about a regular inspection is that you can supply instantaneous relief to problems that are just starting to build up.
Other Things to Consider
Choose Quality Over Price
Cheaper battery models are usually inferior when it comes to its quality. When you are choosing the battery for your motorcycle, you need to consider it as an investment. Because of this, you don’t have to hesitate when it comes to the amount of money that you spend as long as you get a high quality product.
Seek for Other People’s Opinions
When you are researching for the best motorcycle battery to buy, you need to listen to other people’s opinions. Whether you read it online through a review or it was told to you by a friend, insights about a product can always help your decision.
Look for an Extensive Warranty
Remember that a manufacturer that hesitates in giving a longer warranty for their battery may have an inferior product. If you are buying a motorcycle battery, choose one that has a longer warranty. This is because you want all the help you can get from the manufacturer when something problems start to arise.
Pick a Battery That Needs Minimal Maintenance
If you are looking for the best motorcycle battery, it’s good to find one that is almost maintenance free. This kind of battery needs minimal effort for you to maintain it which saves you time and gives you peace of mind that the battery lasts longer.
Consider the Climate in Your Area
Many motorcycle riders don’t know that the temperature directly affects your battery choice. If you are living in an area with a hotter temperature, you need to choose a battery that suits this type of climate.
The battery is one of the most important parts of a motorcycle’s system. The battery can be considered as the heart of the motorcycle as it also gives power to its engine and all of its components. The Battery Tender BTL35A480C Lithium Iron Phosphate Motorcycle Battery can easily be one of your choices for the best motorcycle battery. It packs a very powerful 480 cold cranking amps that can take care of any motorcycle starting needs.
If you replace an old lead acid battery with a better LifePO4 battery, it’s the right way to go. The advantage that this new battery gives you is amazing life and reduced energy usage in a smaller package. Cheaper battery models are usually inferior when it comes to its quality. When you are choosing the battery for your motorcycle, you need to consider it as an investment. The battery is estimated to be up to 80 percent lighter compared to other lead acid batteries. All types of equipment need proper maintenance so it can last longer and function well. For this main reason, choosing the best motorcycle battery for your ride should be a priority.
Check out other Motorcycle Gears too!
- Motorcycle Battery
- Motorcycle Backpack
- Motorcycle GPS
- Motorcycle Pants
- Motorcycle Exhaust
- Motorcycle Gloves
- Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth
- Motorcycle Helmet Camera
Last update on 2020-09-22 at 19:07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.