Asking the question on what is the best paintball gun, also known as paintball marker, is a no-brainer for people who are familiar with the sport. However, for those who are new to the hobby, it can be a daunting process especially because there are hundreds of products to choose from.
If you want the best paintball gun for the money you should know what variables to look for that will help you enhance your efficiency, firing rate and accuracy in the game. With sufficient knowledge about the top paintball guns you will be able to find the perfect gun for you.
|3Skull Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball Gun Mega Set -...||87 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Tippmann Cronus Paintball Marker Gun -Tactical Edition- Tan...||46 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Spyder MR100 Pro Paintball Gun Marker Mega Set||80 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Azodin Blitz 3 (Purple)||40 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|Action Village Kingman Spyder Epic Paintball Gun Package Kit...||246 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Best Paintball Gun Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Paintball Gun Review
- 2 Paintball Gun Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
The 3Skull also known as Tippman Cronus is a simple military simulation paintball gun which is an ideal device for anyone who is just starting in the sport. This particular gun is designed to endure long-term use outdoors and in different kinds of environment.
Devices made by Tippmann are considered to be top of the line paint ball guns because of the quality and efficiency of all their products just like the 3Skull Cronus Paintball Gun.
This paintball gun is preferred by most beginners since it is extremely reliable, easy to operate and very precise. Even if it’s your first time playing the game, you won’t have a hard time moving when using the 3Skull because it is a lightweight gun hence you can easily carry it around.
The 3Skull is recognized to be one of the best Tippmann paintball gun because it is an updated version of the most rented paintball marker in the world, the Tippman 98.
Two of the best features of this paintball gun are is its reliability and durability. Both beginners and intermediate players are able to shoot the 3Skull quickly and accurately. Since this gun is durable, it can take a physical beating and still be able to last for a long time.
If you become bored with the 3Skull Cronus Paintball Gun model, you can easily upgrade and customize it. It can be modified using multiple rails or you can turn it into a distinct tactical edition. With the customization feature it will take quite some time before you outgrow this paintball gun.
The Tippmann is one of the best paintball markers that excels when it comes to its performance and its durability. Aside from this, the gun has a beautiful body which gives it additional appeal hence many players are attracted to this device.
Just like the 3Skull, the Tippmann Cronus is made by best paintball gun brand. The Cronus is semi-automatic and it smoothly shoots while providing a comfortable control on the front. It has a molded rubber grips to prevent arm strain. At the back of the gun is a collapsible stock which is a common feature of other Tippmann markers.
At the upper portion of the gun, you’ll find a rail together with a sight located at the top of the barrel’s covering. You can also see other Picatinny design along the marker as well as rails on the side and lower portions. These rails can be utilized to fasten accessories so it will be easier for you to grasp on things like spare sights and flashlights.
The Tippmann Cronus definitely makes it to the top 10 paintball gun for beginners since it provides great comfort and control without experiencing any jams that need to be fixed. Another reason why this is a great gun for a beginner is that it’s lightweight making it easy for anyone, even newbies, to move around.
The only downside to this device according to some paintball gun reviews is that the barrel is too short and that most parts of the body are made from plastic.
The Spyder MR100 is another product included in the top 10 paintball gun for beginners because it possesses two of the most important factors when choosing a paintball marker: being accurate and lightweight. Another important thing to look into, especially for those new in the sports is the durability of the gun.
Durable guns are important because if there are flimsy parts, these could end up flying around and injuring you or other people near you. With the Spyder MR100, you can be sure that it has a solid structure and all materials are secured safely in its proper area.
It is made by Kingman Group, a company which started manufacturing paintball guns since 1992.
The company is known for their inexpensive and high-grade paintball markers. They developed the dual loading system as well as the first strike option that enables advanced accuracy. The company has produced various guns with varying characteristics hence they are recognized as one of the best paintball makers in the market.
If you are just a beginner who is starting to learn about the sport, the Spyder MR100 the best paintball gun to consider. With this marker, you don’t need to spend a lot of money but you will still be able to have fun with this easy to use and an accurate paintball gun.
On top of all these, the Spyder is also easy to clean and to maintain so it is definitely perfect for those who still do not have much experience with paintball guns.
The Azodin is among the best paintball guns for the money that you can use for tournament games or during a regular day of fun shooting. It is an all-around paintball marker which does well when rated using the 5 important features essential for any paintball gun.
In terms of its reliability, the Azodin Blitz 3 is very dependable since it is built on a complex structure which is reinforced by nylon. With its solid frame, you can use the gun even on a challenging field without the risk of experiencing any type of gun failure.
Good paintball guns are typically the ones with great efficiency and the Azodin Blitz 3 won’t fail you in this area. This gun uses a special technology that allows the device to run smoothly and at the same time save gas. Saving gas means saving time and money as you enjoy this sport.
The third important aspect wherein Azodin excels is the weight. The gun only weighs 2.05 pounds so carrying this around will never slow you down. This will give you an advantage over other players whose movement may be hampered due to the heavy marker they are carrying.
Considering the power that this paintball gun has, it remarkably does not produce that much sound. With this, you can sneak and shoot without getting caught, thus offering you a great advantage.
Last important aspect is the warranty which in the case of this gun is 1-year. This should give you enough time to examine the device for any issues and bugs.
- Uses .68 Cal Paintballs
If you want to stay competitive in the battlefield and have a higher chance of success, the Action Village Paintball Gun is one of the best professional paintball guns that you can depend on. This is another product manufactured by Tippmann hence it is already tried and tested when it comes to durability and dependability.
This is device is designed to look like a military M-16 marker and it looks like a real gun which somehow adds to its overall look and feel. Similar to most products manufactured by Tippmann, the Action Village Paintball Gun is made from all aluminum die cast receiver and has a steel in-line bolt structure.
Another feature of this marker is its high geared 12-inch ported cylinder and a magazine that can also be used as a detachable device for storage. The gun also comes with a carry handle that you can remove and replace with various accessories such as scopes, Picatinny rails and the like.
The great thing about the Action Village is that it can be upgraded by changing some of its parts. One of the most common upgrades is by using a Mag-fed adapter. When you upgrade the Action Village using the clone feed system you can connect the feeder notch to the air system for a coordinated ball feed resulting in the inhibition of breakage and damage.
With the Action Village you may not have the newest paintball gun but you can always modify it to enhance its function as well as its looks.
- The Spyder Victor is one of the best selling entry level...
- Empire’s X-Ray mask is a great goggle that provides the...
- The Empire 20oz CO2 bottle holds 20 ounces of CO2 and is...
Paintball Gun Buying Guide
Basic Types of Paintball Guns
1) Pump – This type of gun is the oldest one but is gradually making a comeback in the recent years. For this gun to fire, it requires manual pumps so it’s like firing a shotgun wherein you need to cock the marker and the chamber to do the next shot.
A pump maker is extremely reliable thus allowing you to focus on your field skills and precision rather than the worrying about the gun. However, this type of maker can be challenging to operate especially if your opponents are using semiautomatics which are much faster to fire than the pump.
2) Mechanical – This is the type of markers that most players are using and these are mostly semi-automatic which means that with each trigger pull you are releasing a shot. The mechanical markers are the easiest to use and even newbies can operate it without experiencing any complications.
The majority of mechanical markers can operate using CO2 or compressed. Refilling gas tanks can usually be done at any pro shop.
The best thing about mechanical markers aside from the fact that they are simple to operate is that it is also easy to clean and maintain.
3) Electronic – Electronic markers were once expensive but over the years, more affordable devices were made available to many. This type of marker makes use of an electronic solenoid to fire the shots. Typically it is powered by a9-volt battery.
With this type of marker, you can achieve high rates of fire with a simple click of a button. The more you pull the trigger the more shots will be fired.
Different Paintball Scenarios
Determining what kind of paintball game scenario you plan on playing will help you in pick the right marker. When you decide what kind of game you want to play, you can narrow down your paintball marker options.
1) Woodsball – Woodsball is the kind of paintball game played in the woods. In this scenario there are boundaries but it has wider coverage thus it requires a great deal of teamwork to successfully get around the field.
The best paintball pistol for Woodsball scenario is those mechanical ones which are big yet simple to operate. These guns should be accurate despite long shots and long play times.
2) Mil-Sim – Mil-Sim or military simulation is where you will experience military like scenario like having to complete certain missions. This is a fun game that requires multiple players with great coordination so they can secure control points, save hostages and even control enemy bases.
This kind of scenario can last for several days hence you need to bring different kinds of guns and other devices. For this game you need a durable military looking gun which will function efficiently.
3) Speedball – Speedball is the complete opposite of Mil-Sim because it is a faced paced game which lasts about 3-4 minutes. In this scenario, you need to move as quickly as you can to catch your opponents as they are covering in bunkers.
For this type of game, you a gun that is able to respond quickly and deliver multiple shots within seconds.
Types of Paintball Tank
1) CO2 Tanks – CO2 or Carbon Dioxide tanks are ideal for beginners because they are affordable and refill is inexpensive. At normal temperature the CO2 is stable but at low temperature, its reliability drops hence decreasing its efficacy and accuracy per shot.
This type of tank is commonly used with mechanical guns.
2) HPA Tanks – HPA or high-pressure air system is a more expensive option because of the compressors. This kind of tank is ideal if you plan on using high or mid-range electric guns.
A paintball game may not be a dangerous sport but when you recklessly play, even if you’re using the best paint guns ever, you can end up with painful injuries. It is essential that you follow these safety tips so you can enjoy the game without hurting yourself.
1) Wear protective head and face gear – This is the most important gear that you should always wear. Without aface and head gear you are risks for more serious injuries.
Never remove your goggles when you are in the elimination zone or field. Even if you are already eliminated you should still keep your goggles on until you are back in the safe zone.
2) Wear proper clothing – If you are not covered up you’ll end up with painful bruises because one hit from a paintball can cause pain. Make sure that you cover-up as much as possible using thick clothing to somehow reduce the impact of the ball. It is also recommended to use loose outfit so you can still comfortably move around.
Ideally, you should wear long sleeves, baggy pants and hoodies to reduce the impact of the shot on your skin
3) Plan your shots – Carefully planning your shots is a safety precaution not only for you but also for the people around you. Some people think that when they randomly shot they could get lucky and hit their opponent. Although this can sometimes be true, there may also be instances when you are putting other people at risks like the staff or other players who may be leaving the area.
4) Play with a clear mind – Never play paintball when you are intoxicated because this can cloud your judgment and will lead you into making irresponsible mistakes.
If you have taken a few shots, wait until you’re free from the effects of alcohol before you start playing.
5) Never fire at close range – It is a common paintball courtesy to never fire at close range since it can be very painful. So, instead of firing your gun let your opponent surrender. If they see you pointing your gun at them and your finger on the trigger they would most likely through in the towel.
When your opponent is about 10 feet away from you, this is already considered as a short range so allow then to surrender.
When engaging in a paintball game, the paintball gun is one of the most important equipment that you should invest on. However, no matter how great your marker is you still need to master the skills needed for the game.
Having high-quality paintball gun will not assure you of success. It will still be your overall skill that will influence the accuracy the accuracy of your shots. Don’t totally depend on your equipment and make sure that you spend the time to practice and sharpen your accuracy skills.
When the best paintball gun and equipment is combined with exemplary skills you definitely find success in this sport.
Last update on 2020-10-15 at 13:27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.