There are so many top-rated pellet stoves with different styles to choose from. Because of this, you can be sure to find a pellet stove that suits your home and your style. Owning a pellet stove is a great idea especially for people who like to stay in during the holidays. However, you might find that while some pellet stoves give you a great bargain, they might be difficult to install. That being said, it’s best to know what you are getting yourself into before spending your money. This article will give you the best pellet stove reviews that you can get your hands on today. There will also be a buyer’s guide for those who are new in buying a pellet stove.
|Picture||Model||Editor Ratings||Our Review|
|Castle Pellet Stove 12327|| (3.9 / 5) |
|Pleasant Hearth Cabinet Style|| (4.1 / 5) |
|ProCom Vent-Free Dual Fuel Stove|| (4.3 / 5) |
|US Stove R5824 Pellet Stove|| (4.2 / 5) |
|Comfortbilt Pellet Stove (HP22)|| (4.5 / 5) |
Best Pellet Stove Reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Pellet Stove Reviews
- 2 The Best Pellet Stove Buying Guide
- 3 Types of Maintenance on Pellet Stoves
- 4 Conclusion
The Castle Serenity Wood Pellet Stove is one of the most top rated pellet stoves in the market today with its great features. This is the best pellet stove that has a fuel feed system and a vertical auger feed system that is controlled by a digital control board. This board is then controlled by a microprocessor that lets the system run in a timer based cycle. Because of this innovation, the stove’s auger is not continuously running but only runs in a certain amount of time. The heat distribution process is completed by the draft fan which is responsible for distributing the heat into the room evenly.
This stove’s thermostat lets the stove operate in automatic mode. You only need to set your desired temperature for the room and the stove will function accordingly to meet the temperature. Another feature of this stove is the weekly mode. This mode allows you to schedule the stove to operate during the set times and days that you prefer. This is a great feature for those who are busy throughout the week and don’t have time to monitor the room temperature.
It is good to remember that you can only set the weekly mode before turning on the machine. If you try setting this stove into weekly mode while it’s running, it will not take effect. All in all, Castle Serenity Wood Pellet Stove 12327 is one of the best pellet stoves for the money that you will find.
This Cabinet Style Pellet Stove is the best pellet stove when it comes to quality. It is the most efficient pellet stove that works great in large rooms and buildings because of its ability to heat up 22000 feet of space. The 120-pound capacity hopper allows this pellet stove to provide up to 80 hours of continuous heating for your home. It also features an auto light ignition which allows you to turn on the heater and heat your room within seconds. There are five settings that you can choose from that are sufficient enough to effectively control your pellet stove.
The comfort system makes sure that your room is at its best temperature all the time. The design of the Pleasant Hearth Pellet Stove is very attractive with its spring chrome handle coupled with its solid cast iron door and glass window. It is a stylish addition to any home while providing a great comfort for a nice temperature. It features its own air wash system that ensures that the air in the room stays as clean as possible. It has a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty which is far longer than most brands offer. Overall, this is a great pellet stove made by one of the best pellet stove brands available today.
This is a beautiful dual stove that lets you reminisce the traditional style of old fireplaces. Because of its traditional design, ProCom Vent-Free Dual Fuel Stove is the best pellet stove to give as a gift to old couples renewing their vows. The design features an open face with metal fence style for its front and is available in colors that are near to an old wood stove. This is the reason why this is to is one of the best-rated pellet stoves when it comes to antique interiors. Aside from its good looks, it offers a dual fuel choice for propane and natural gas.
ProCom Vent-Free Dual Fuel Stove also lets you save more space by having a compact size compared to other pellet stoves. A good thing about this pellet stove is that you don’t need to buy any kind of vent because it’s not built in. This means that you can place this stove anywhere you want in the house as long as you can put some fuel in it. The assembly of this stove is one of the easiest according to pellet stove ratings which make it a good choice for first-time owners. It also features an Oxygen Depletion Sensor with an automatic shut off when carbon monoxide levels get a little too high.
It doesn’t require any electricity to function so you can use it although there is no power. The whole pellet stove weighs at about 60 pounds which are very light compared to most pellet stoves being sold today.
This is the best pellet stove to choose if you want total control because of its electronic controls and auto ignition. This pellet stove can deliver high heat output automatically and covers only a small area of the room. It gives you a capacity of 40 pounds o you don’t need to worry about refueling it all the time. The burn time is extended for up to 20 hours with a 30000 BTU output. The magnetic side paneled doors also allow for ease of access to reach its interior. The R5824 has a close clearance tolerance and an easy install design for super fast assembly and setup.
The design of the R5824 can easily go with any kind of interior decoration with its large air wash viewing window that can clean itself. It is EPA certified so it only has a small impact on the environment making it one of the best-rated pellet stoves for being eco-friendly. It was built to be mobile so you can use it outdoors. If you own a small house, you cannot get any better than the R5824. You are sure to save a lot of money because of its affordable price and capacity. This stove gives you five power settings which can heat your home up up to 24 hours. It comes in two colors, Anodized Bronze and Charcoal Grey.
The Comfortbilt HP 61 Pellet Stove is built with a large ash pan, air wash thermo glass, high BTU rate, and stylish design which make it one of the best pellet stoves today. The big ash pan is great for people who don’t have a lot of time to refuel the stove because it can last for 3 months. This low maintenance pellet stove also features noise free heating and is very easy to clean. For safety, this stove is CSA and EPA certified which brings you low emissions of less than 2g per hour. It is also very efficient with a rating of 86% and it qualifies for municipality and state tax incentives. These qualities alone are enough to give you the value for your money.
The auto-ignition feature allows for an easy initiation and a thermostat that you can program to always have the best temperature. The combination of colors and design gives you an attractable unit that can fit any type of room. The ash pan allows for easier cleaning and maintenance. The HP22 comes with one year warranty to ensure that your product is protected from any type factory defects. This pellet stove is very easy to assemble and install. The hopper capacity for this stove is very large with over 55 pounds so you can spend more time to enjoy the heat.
The Best Pellet Stove Buying Guide
What is a Pellet Stove?
This type of stove started to become a admired addition to every home that needs heating because of their low impact on the environment. These stoves use compressed pellets or woods as a source for creating heat for small and large spaces. It works with its fuel feeding gradually from a container called the hopper to a container where it can burn. This produces a continuous flame which does not need any physical intervention.
Some environmentalists prefer the best pellet stove as the source of their renewable energy which reaches a high competence of up to 90 percent. In contrast to other products in the stores today, this is already a very good rating. Most of the pellet stoves that you can find on the market today can self-ignite and are able to cycle by themselves through a thermostatic control.
Why Do You Need a Pellet Stove?
Being cold inside your own house is not a very nice thought because it won’t let you relax and have a good time with friends and family. Having a pellet stove heater can prove to be a very attractive and sophisticated addition to your house. These best-rated pellet stoves operate through electricity but heats up your home by burning real wood which can help you save money on electricity costs. Aside from being economical, the best pellet stove provides a very effective and traditional method of heating up your room or building.
Things to Consider When Buying a Pellet Stove
- Two Kinds of Pellet Stoves
- Freestanding pellets stoves: Occupy their own area in the house. This kind of stove comes in one piece and is sometimes mobile so you can use it for outdoors.
- Insert type pellet stoves: Made to fit already existing fireplaces. The best pellet stove insert can fit almost anywhere making it very convenient for the homeowner.
- Pellet Stove Capacity – These stoves utilize a place where they store fuel or what is usually referred to as its internal hopper. It is the location where the wood pellets are placed before being burned. Most stoves today can keep a day’s worth or fuel. The number of pellets will depend on the how much heat is generated by the stove. The most common capacity that pellet stoves have ranges from 40 to 150 pounds.
- Hopper Placement – Most stoves today function by burning a specific amount of pellets into the chamber to generate heat. You can choose to feed your stove through its top or bottom for your own convenience. The place where your hopper is located is up to you but you have to be strategic when making your decision.
- Top Fed Pellet Stove: A top fed pellet stove has a lesser chance of crossing over fires from its combustion chamber to its hopper store. However, if you pick a top fed system, the combustion chamber is likely to be blocked up with ash or solidified ash (also known as clinkers). This can be overcome by using high-quality pellets which produce only a few amounts of ash.
- Bottom Fed Pellet Stove: Bottom fed stoves are not so dependent on high-quality fuel, but you still have to clean the unburnt ash once a week. There is also a risk of burning pellets to fall into the hopper while using the stove.
- Electrical Wirings – Wood pellets will be sent to the combustion chambers by using an electric motor. Because of this, when you want to install a pellet stove, you need to ensure that you put it in a place where there is an electric outlet. If you don’t have an experience with electrical wirings, it’s best to hire a professional to do the job for you. This will avoid having any power shortages or other electrical related accidents.
Types of Maintenance on Pellet Stoves
The best pellet stove is the one that is always maintained. Just like any type of equipment, you have to ensure that your stove is well taken care of to function at its best. There are two ways to make sure you have a safe and efficient pellet stove.
A pellet stove should be inspected by a professional annually. It is recommended that you let a professional or an expert clean the stove’s fuel as a safety precaution. This is why you have to shell out some money but you will gain the peace of mind that you and your family are safe when you use the stove.
Regular Maintenance Tasks
- Always clean the ash in the storage and make sure nothing is left there.
- Check the chamber for clinkers. Clinkers are those hardened ashes which affect the competence of your stove and can impede the air flow if you let it accumulate. There are rakes designed to remove the clinkers from the chambers.
- Always clean your heat blower.
- Wipe the glass according to the instruction manual.
- Make sure that there is not soot build up. If you find a sooth present, you have to clean it with a wire brush.
- Check the flame inside your combustion chamber to ensure that it is burning bright white or yellow. If not then you need to have your pellet stove serviced.
- Ensure that you have a clear hopper feed so you can feed the pellets easily into the chamber.
- Do not put your wood pellets in the stove when you are not going to use it. These pellets can become wet and won’t burn cleanly if left in storage.
All in all, having a pellet stove heater can prove to be a very attractive and sophisticated addition to your house. These best-rated pellet stoves operate through electricity but heats up your home by burning real wood which can help you save money on electricity costs. Aside from being economical, best pellet stove provides you with a very effective and traditional method of heating up your room or building. A great pellet stove is the one that is always maintained. Just like any type of equipment, you need to ensure that your stove is well taken care of to function at its best.
The Castle 12327 Serenity Wood Pellet Stove is one of the most top rated pellet stoves in the market today with its great features. This is your best pellet stove that has a fuel feed system and a vertical auger feed system that is controlled by a digital control board. This board is then controlled by a microprocessor that lets the system run in a timer based cycle. Because of this innovation, the stove’s auger is not continuously running but only runs in a certain amount of time. The heat distribution process is completed by the draft fan which is responsible for distributing the heat into the room evenly.