When you would like a faster target acquisition, owning a reflex sight is a significant advantage. It gives you the benefit of being acutely aware of an upcoming threat while you shoot. This is the reason why these reflex sights are considered as a good investment when you are engaged to hunting and bow shooting.
Reflex sights make aiming for a target easier through the glass reticle that puts a dot on the intended target. The dot serves as your aiming point. You can experience a full and wider view of the field, and that will result in a faster target acquisition.
This buying guide enumerates the top-rated reflex sights in the market. Different brands have their unique features and specifications.
Best Reflex Sight Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Reflex Sight Review
- 2 Best Reflex Sight Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
The Sightmark Ultra Shot-M is considered as the best reflex shot because of its new features. These are the Night Vision Mode as well as the Circle Dot Crosshair which can be compared to the EO Technology.
This sight is at 3 MOA dot and features 1 MOA adjustments. You will be amazed to know that the battery can go as long as 90 hours. Aside from this, the brightness setting has a 1000-hour capacity.
The Sightmark Ultra Shot-M features a digital control that included six variable brightness settings for extensive daylight use. Aside from this, it also includes six modes for night viewing. This reflex sight is created for all kinds of shooting environment.
It is built with a magnesium alloy housing that provides superior durability. It also boasts a long battery life that will let you maximize it when you’re at the field. You will observe that the body is ultra-light, but rigid in nature.
It also features a hood that protects it from impact together with the shock-proof frame that can perform up to .50 caliber recoil. This is also submersible up to 40 feet of water without getting damaged.
This reflex sight is made with a dual-pane glass as well as a parallax-corrected lens system which allows you to sight your target accurately from a distance of 10 yards and so on.
One of its best selling points is the digital switch controls. This allows you to make several adjustments on the reflex sight to match with any lighting conditions. This is also perfect for proximity work due to the 1x magnification feature.
- Cast magnesium alloy housing with protective shield
- IP68 Waterproof rating - submersible to 40ft
- Low power consumption
As the best pistol red dot, the Vortex Razor Red Dot carries with it several features that can’t be found on other ordinary reflex sights. This is primarily built for heavy-duty and top-tier performance. You also cannot undermine its versatility in different shooting environments.
It features a highly polish glass that is crisp and clear. You can see that feature if you check the sight from one end to the other. The resolution is excellent, and the full field view displays a sight that will surely impress users like you.
It has a red dot display for a more accurate shot on the target. It lets you see the objective clearer and easier because it can paint a target even in broad daylight. It is ensured to be fast and accurate. You can depend on the Vortex Razor Red Dot when it comes to improving your precision and target skills.
The proprietary coatings of this reflex sight help in increasing the transmission of light. Aside from the red dots will display a small amount of parallax.
It is very convenient to use because it’s non-critical to your eyes, especially for fast target acquisition. The auto-shutdown feature helps in prolonging its battery life. You can use it up to 150 hours when it is at its highest setting. On the other hand, the lowest settings can utilize it up to 30,000 hours.
One of its notable features is the waterproof O-ring seals that prevent the accumulation of moisture and other debris. Aside from this, it is guaranteed to be shock-proof, so it can withstand recoil.
- The Razor Red Dot Sight-3 MOA is designed to be mounted to a...
- A premium wide field lens gives the shooter an impressive...
- Anti-reflective XR coatings on the lenses increase light...
The EOTech 512.A65 is a famous holographic weapon sight for close range shooting. The holographic optics is included in the realm of red dot sights but eliminating the traditional mold. This has the capability to reflect the laser to a reticle that is far more complicated than others.
It uses a square body as well as rectangular lenses that feature an open design that allows you to see the sight more efficiently and precisely. You also get to see a wider field of view that can increase your situational awareness.
The Eotech 512.A65 showcases their optics in an amazing way. They come sealed in a water-resistant polymer box and it a foam is included for the optic.
When you mount it, you just need to turn the Weaver cross bolts in a counterclockwise motion. Then you need to attach it to a 1-inch Picatinny rail before you turn the bolts the opposite way. Remember that when the optic is already mounted, that will be rock solid.
You need to provide two double A batteries for this reflex sight. Its battery life can extend up to 1,000 hours if you use lithium batteries. On the other hand, it can operate up to 600 hours using the standard batteries in the market.
This reflex sight is designed to cover both close and extended proximities. The range is often utilized for three gun and IDPA competitions. This makes it very suitable for a move and shoots action. The target can be in three distinct ranges from 3 to 300 yards.
- EOTECH 512.A65 - Holographic Sight in Black with 68 MOA ring...
- Mount - Compatible with both 1" Weaver and MIL-STD 1913...
- Adjustable Brightness - The 512 has 20 brightness settings...
The Trijicon RMR features a unique physical appearance that is interestingly different to other models of the reflex sight. It has a unique body shape which is patented. The lens is made into inverted arc shape that adds up to its durability.
The lens is shock-free because the force is meant to be redistributed to the less sensitive and fragile parts of the sight’s body. Aside from this, the lens is multi-coated like the others. It can reduce the fluctuation in the color of the targeted area.
The Trijicon RMR is used to accomplish a quick target locking mechanism even in not such good conditions like shifting from outdoors to indoors. The auto brightness adjustment settings work by giving it a quick light change.
You can opt to do the control of the sight’s brightness manually if you want to. Aside from this, its aluminum composition contributes to its light weight feature. However, you should note that you need to re-sight every time you replace the batteries.
The Trijicon RMR can sustain the recoil of a rifle as well as the recoil of a shotgun. The good thing about this is that it is not limited to these two weapons only. You can also utilize it on bows as long as it can accommodate the base plate.
Just a simple point to the target will ensure great accuracy in firing. If you are a professional gun and bow user, then this reflex sight is the best option for you. This is very reliable even for periodic target shooting.
No products found.
The Vortex Spitfire is specially designed for the AR platform since it is a combination of high-end features and ultra-compact built. If you prioritize fast target acquisition, then this reflex sight is the right device to deliver it.
Its advanced features include a prism-based design that gives it a compact optical system without risking the quality of the optics. The reticle is etched straight on the prism to ensure precise point-of-aim.
You can choose from the green and red illumination. There are five levels of intensity to match different lighting conditions.
This reflex light has multiple anti-reflective coatings on all its surfaces to increase light transmission. It can also deliver sharp optics and provides distinct reticle designs that can be seen even without illumination.
The singe-piece chassis is compact and lightweight in nature, so it is easy to carry around, especially when you’re in the fields. There are also O-ring seals to prevent the accumulation of moisture and dust.
The Vortex Spitfire is also fog proof because of the purging of the nitrogen gas. To withstand the recoil and impact, this reflex sight is made with rugged construction. It’s hard anodized finish also contributes to its durability.
Another feature that is notable with this reflex sight is the variable mount heights which come mounted at a lower ¼ co-witness height of 40.4 mm from the optic center of the base surface.
The fact that this reflex light can be used for tactical missions, it means that the capacity is far beyond any ordinary reflex sight in the market.
- The Spitfire 3x Prism Scope excels in close to medium range...
- Fully multi-coated lenses with anti-reflective coatings...
- The reticle is etched directly on the prism ensuring...
Best Reflex Sight Buying Guide
Advantages and Benefits of Reflex Sights
Reflex sights are included in the category of electronic sight as well as holographic sights. You can also pertain to it as red dot sight. They are characterized by a red dot that is used to focus accurately on a target.
It has a partial reflecting glass that illuminates the projection of the target according to your field of view. It used LED because of the emittance output displays a bright target image.
It also allows the user for a faster target acquisition. Aside from this, you will have increased awareness to your surroundings because your eyes are both open. In this case, it provides better field sights compared to most scopes.
Most reflex sights have unlimited eye relief that can improve your accuracy when it comes to shooting. They can even function in low light conditions. You can quickly aim your time even in the dark.
Another advantage of this reflex sight is the close quarter sighting that applies to a distance not lesser than 100 yards. Though, it can also function well with minimal problems up to 300 yards.
However, you should know that reflex lights don’t have magnification capabilities. What you will see in the sights is a real-time view.
How to Choose Your Reflect Sight
Similar to other products, there are several factors to consider in selecting the best reflex sight. You should also get familiarized with the terms. This buying guide will give you an idea of the factors that make a good reflex sight.
1) Structure of the Housing – These reflex sights come in two styles. They can either be in tube style or open style. What’s the difference between the two? The tube style is more standard on optical scopes, and it is easier to install filters on them.
On the other hand, the open style allows the reticle seen on an open window. Both of these styles are very functional, but you cannot install filters on an open style reflex sight.
Decide which one is more convenient based on the activity that you’ll be doing. Nevertheless, both methods offer excellence when it comes to accuracy of shooting.
2) Size and Pattern of the Dot – These factors are essential, so they are mandatory to be considered. Your preference is the basis in this situation. You should remember that the size of the dot should not be too big or too small. It is measured in minutes of angle or known as MOA.
Another consideration in choosing is that your red dot should also be visible in all kinds of lighting condition. They also come in two dot colors which are red and green. Some models also have blue dot color.
The rule of the thumb is that you should choose the color of your dot based on its visibility on a particular target. Patterns include plain dot, bull’s eye, and star shape.
3) Adjustments – When you do customizations on your reflex sight, the color of the dot is not the only basis but also the elevation and windage.
Windage pertains on how the bullets move from left to right. On the other hand, the elevation refers to the vertical movement of a particular bullet. They are both important in making adjustments for a more accurate shooting performance.
4) Battery Life – All electronic sights value the importance of the battery life. This is a consideration that you must not undermine. With red dot sights, you should determine how long a particular sight will last with continuous use.
Those reflex sights that use LED, only minor energy is consumed, and it can last up to 1000 hours. It is still best if you can bring a spare battery for emergency purposes.
5) Compatibility of the Sight – One of the things that you need to consider is the compatibility of the reflex sight. The size of the sight and the rifle should match so you can mount it correctly. If the sight is loose, it could get damaged when you fire a shot.
Another thing to consider is that some designs are not compatible with an individual rifle. The best solution here is to do a little bit of research before buying.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Reflex Sight
Just like any type of accessory, there are considerations that you need to think about before purchasing. Here are some of them.
- Installation – Your reflex sight should be easily installed so you can use it automatically when you need it. It is important that your rifle is ready whenever an urgent situation arises.
- Platform Versatility – Your reflex sight should operate and function efficiently on different firearms platforms. It should allow you to shoot it in the variety of ways. Platform versatility is essential, especially if you are going to utilize the reflex sight for hunting and self-defense.
- Purposes of Reflex Sight – One of the things that you need to determine before you buy a reflex is why you need it. They are different reflex sights in the market, and they are created for various purposes.
Uses of the Best Reflex Sight
There are many ways that you can use the best reflex sight aside from target practice. Read on for some examples.
1) Hunting – If you are a hunter or you enjoy fishing, then you should know that stock sight is not okay. This activity is all about fast target acquisition and rapid firing, so all kinds of reflex sights are applicable for this reason.
You can opt for prismatic sights when you need to shoot for longer distances. It also displays the reticle all the time even in low light settings.
2) Plinking – If you love to hunt in your backyard, but you would like to be more accurate, a red dot reflex sight might be the best option for you. You don’t need to spend for an expensive one for this reason.
3) Airsoft – It is true that this game is gaining popularity nowadays. It is also getting more competitive. Most of the players no longer use iron sights because reflex sights are better. You need to depend on the frequency of your playing before you choose to avail one.
Reflex sights have different features that make it precious for a variety of purposes. All the information mentioned here are meant to give you a guide on choosing the best reflex sight.
Of all the above reflex sights, the EOTech 512.A56 has outshone the other models due to its tactical uses. It features high-quality characteristics that can’t be found in other reflex sights.
Another factor of being chosen as the best is its intensity setting for all kinds of lighting conditions. Indeed, this reflex light has met all the required qualifications to be called as the best.
Last update on 2021-01-18 at 20:18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.