Buy the best RV sewer hose to get rid of the icky wastes from your RV sink and toilet. You must not take it for granted by buying the low-quality one just for the price because the best one will benefit you in the long run.
If you’re going camping or on a road trip in an RV, you must be aware that your resources are limited. You will be in places where RV dealers might not be around in an area where you can easily buy and replace your broken RV tools like a sewer hose.
Best RV Sewer Hose Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Best RV Sewer Hose Review
- 2 The Best Sewer Hose Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Camco RhinoFLEX is one of the best sewer hose for RV in the market. It is made from polyolefin, UV resin, and some steel wire. Most importantly, the Camco RhinoFLEX hose is durable and resistant to leaking. This is because it is strong enough to endure pressure from pins and small rocks on the ground.
There are different lengths available. There are 10-inch, 15-inch, and 20-inch kits. Because of this, the sewer hose is long enough to eliminate the wastes from your RV, even though the disposal is quite far.
This product is also known for its versatility because of its fittings which include the 4-in-1 adapter, bayonet fitting, and elbow fitting. The adapter lets you easily slip and fit the product by swiveling it to the RV’s drain hole. It can fit the drain hole easily no matter how big or small it is. It can also fit a slip with sizes of 3 inches, 3 ½ inches, and 4 inches.
You can carry the Camco Sewer Hose easily because you can compress the whole product in a 56-inch kit which won’t take a lot of space in your bumper.
This product includes a sewer hose, two rings for locking, swivel bayonet adapter, 4-in-1 adapter, and storage caps.
- The fittings are easy to attach
- Fits in a 4-inch bumper
- Easy to carry around
- Comes with the necessary fittings
- There’s no need to take hose apart before storing it
- The hose is long enough to reach far disposal
- Adjustable length
- Wire may be exposed because of the nicks
- Difficult to clean
- Includes RhinoFLEX sewer hose, swivel bayonet adapter, 4 in...
- Fittings swivel for ease of use and are detachable
- RhinoFLEX sewer hose is made of 23 mils of durable...
This is a new innovation RV hose created by Thetford Corporation in 2016. This product is designed to compete with the other high-end sewage hose products. It is consist of high-quality features that make the product competitive to the market.
The company claims that this product is made to be durable and uncrushable because of the material where the hose is made from. The hose is built with Thermal Plastic Elastomer or TPE which enables the product to resist even the highest degree of punctures, abrasions and temperature.
Another Thetford Sewer Hose feature is its Revolve Universal Sewer Adapter which makes connecting the sewer together easier. The adapter is designed to fit almost all kinds of sewer connections. The revolving adapter enables the connection to the RV drainage hole easier.
The hose has a translucent area which lets the users see if all the waste in the RV has been drained. It has a handle that prevents the handling of the sewage adapter from being messy. The ExtendGrip fitting design provides the user with use area for handling the adapter.
Moreover, the sewer hose system comes with two caps that ensure that no drips will leak from the hose when you store the product in your bumper.
- Highly durable because of the Thermal Plastic Elastomer technology
- ExtendGrip handle that gives huge handling area for the fitting
- Translucent fitting
- Easy to connect to the RV
- Other people find the product hard to store because it doesn’t collapse like the other products do
- fit type: Universal Fit
- included components: Titan 15-Foot Premium RV Sewer Hose...
Most users commend the product because of its durability. One of the features of the Valterra Sewer Hose is its design to be UV stabilized. For this reason, this product is capable of maintaining its shape despite the changing weather or how much waste should run into it.
Valterra Dominator can last for a long time and the waste that runs in its hose doesn’t leak. It is easy to carry and store because it can be compressed in to a compact size. You may disassemble the hose to fit it perfectly in your bumper.
The two hoses let you adjust the length of the hose depending on how far the disposal from the RV is. For this reason, the cleaning might become easier for you if you don’t need to use both of the hose to drain the wastes from your RV.
The Valterra Dominator is almost perfect because it offers flexibility, efficiency, portability, and durability at the same time. The only minor problem about the product is that there’s no window area where you can determine if all the waste has been drained.
- Highly durable because of the material where the hose is made
- Easy to store
- The two 10-foot hoses make the length of the sewage hose adjustable
- The fittings are easy to attach or to detach
- It takes an effort to lengthen the hose because you have to attach the two 10-foot hoses together
- There’s no translucent area that’s why you still have to guess if all the wastes from the RV have been drained
- CAMPER SEWER HOSE KIT: The Dominator hose kit includes 2...
- COMPACT STORAGE: Each hose collapses from 10 feet to 39...
- LEAK-PROOF: Pre-installed fittings with bayonet hooks ensure...
The best RV sewer hose system must be a complete package just like the Prest-O-Fit Blueline. It comes along with the fittings and hoses that make up the entire sewage system. The other brands need clamping to securely attach the sewage hose to the RV, which is unlike the Prest-O-Fit Sewer Hose.
The best and most unique feature of this product is that it is push-on. There’s no need to clamp it altogether or use a tool to attach it to the RV’s drainage hole. You just have to push the connectors to the hose and you’re good to go.
It is guaranteed that the adapter that comes along with the product has an X-ring seal and four bayonet hooks to ensure that the connection of the hose is leak-free. The seals are also designed to be air-tight so that no drips, leaks, and odor can escape from the hose while its doing its job.
Moreover, you don’t have to worry if the disposal area for you RV waste is distant from the parking area. There’s a hose coupler that is included in the package that connects the two hoses together to extend its length up to 20 feet.
You’ll get two 10-foot ultimate RV sewer hoses, Universal elbow, hose coupler, hose adapter, and four pieces of sewer seals if you by the whole kit.
- The hose is designed to be flexible. It won’t break even if it’s stretched at some point
- Fits perfectly on your bumper
- The orange caps ensure that no drips and smell would escape from the hose
- Highly durable
- Connectors and fittings are easy to attach
- The connectors may not last for a long time.
- No need for clamps, tools or threading your hoses
- Pushover Quick Connectors are pre-installed for simple...
- Made of heavy-duty UV-protected vinyl
If you’ll buy the Lippert Waste Master you’ll get a cam-lock output, Waste Master Hose, hose extension, cam-lock to bayonet adapter, and a flow down hose support. The amazing thing about this product is that there are a lot of unique features that you can’t easily find on the other products.
One of the unique features of this product is the cam-locks. The cam-locks are the improvised version of the bayonet adapter used by the other brands. The cam-locks ensure that the connection of the sewer output is secure and leak proof. Moreover, the cam-lock is more durable compared to the bayonets that other brands use.
The master hose has a rubber sewer and a 90-degree elbow on each end which makes the attachment to the RV’s drainage hole easier. The hose ribs are typically found inside the hose in other products, but Lippert has decided to place it externally to allow the smooth flow of waste and to add to the hose’s flexibility.
Another feature to love about the Lippert Waste Master is its valve which can be found at the end of the hose. This valve lets you shut the flow quickly. This feature is especially helpful if the disposal area is already overloaded or plugged.
This feature is handy if you’re in an area in which the ground’s angle is obstructive to the flow of waste in the RV sewer hose.
- Cam-lock feature
- The waste flows easier because of the hose rib and additional flow down hose support
- Hose extension
- You can control the flow of waste using the hose valve
- Difficult to store because the elbow is not detachable
- Comes complete with a time-tested CAM lock connector that...
- Hose is designed with its helical coil on the outside, while...
- UV-protected hose is 5'6" feet compressed and 20 feet...
The Best Sewer Hose Buying Guide
How to Set-Up Your Sewer Hose
It is easy to set-up your RV sewer system. First, find a coupling on the underside of your RV and connect the sewer hose to it. Lock it securely into place so that there will be no leakage. Go to the other end of the hose and connect it to the drainage pipe where the waste will be dumped.
There are two types of water tank: the gray water tank and the black water tank. Drain the black water tank first because it contains the solid waste. Then move to the gray tank that contains shower and dish water.
Know which valve to use to pull to control the flow of waste. Never pull these two valves simultaneously because it will cause the waste to go back to the gray water tank.
What to Look for When Buying a Sewer Hose Kit
1) The Length of the Hose – The length of the hose depends on the places that you’ll go. It depends on how far the drainage is to the parking area. Sewer hoses in the market vary in sizes. The sizes vary from 10 ft. to 20 ft. There are a lot of high-quality products out there that are offering a lengthy hose.
However, you must be aware that the longer the hose is the harder it is to clean it. The good thing is that there are brands in the market that are offering two separate hoses with a connector.
You can just easily connect the two hoses if the drainage is far from your area or use just one hose if the drainage is near your RV.
2) How Often You Use It – If you’re just a one-time user, a standard RV waste hose is good enough. However, even if you’re a frequent user or an occasional user, it is recommended to buy a heavy-duty one.
A heavy-duty sewage hose is more reliable and durable because it can withstand any types of temperature, punctures, and abrasions.You don’t want to buy a sewer hose kit from time to time. You will save more money if you invest on a high-quality one.
3) Adapter and Fittings Should be Efficient – The most important thing that you have to consider in buying an RV hose system is that everything in the kit must be working properly. The fittings and the adapter must be easy to install but should be leak-free at the same time.
Don’t just get attracted to the low promotional price of a sewer hose kit being offered elsewhere. Before buying the product, see to it that the fittings and other connectors are can be attached securely to the hose because it pays off in the long run.
4) Storage Area – Some products even if it is high in quality are hard to store. It is up to you if you have an idea on where to place a sewage hose system. You need to provide your own container and some space in your RV to make room for an RV drain hose that is bulky.
On the other hand, there are some brands in the market in which the connectors and fittings are detachable. Products like these are easy to store in your bumper. Sewage hose that offers a 360-degree swivel fitting is also storable.
It is also recommended to buy a product that has caps that come along with it. You don’t want your hose to drip some of the remaining waste in your bumper.
5) Use the Right Type of Hose – Not all RV hoses are the same and you should never use them interchangeably. The different kinds of hoses that are used for RV have their own specific purpose. Place each of the hoses on a separate storage and never let them touch each other.
If you use them interchangeably or place them near to each other, the clean hoses will become contaminated.
Different Kinds of RV Hoses
1) Propane Hose – The propane hose is used for transferring propane to and out of the RV. The propane is used for cooking and fueling vehicles. The propane hose is prone to cracks.
2) Water Hose – The water hose is the cleanest among the other hoses. You use the water hose for water that is used for drinking. Never place it near the sewer hose to keep it from getting contaminated.
The water hose is available in different lengths and width. Buy the one that will distinguish it among the rest of the hose, so you won’t be mistaken to use if for other purposes.
3) Flushing Hose – The flushing hose is used along with the sewer hose. The former is used for cleaning the sewer hose. Never use the flushing hose as a water hose because cross-contamination is possible.
4) Sewer Hose – The sewer hose carries the wastes out from your RV. Among the other hoses, the sewage hose is the dirtiest. For this reason, this is the type of hose that needs to be replaced first.
In addition, do not forget to always bring the sewer support with you whenever you want to camp using your RV. Some places do not allow the RVs to let their sewage hose touch the ground.
5) Exterior Shower Hose – The exterior shower hose is used for cleaning the stuff in your RV. You use it for bathing your kids, your dogs, doing the laundry, cleaning the plates, and washing some parts of your body.
Never use this hose as a flushing hose because the shower hose is also used for cleaning kitchen tools, plates, and cutleries.
A sewage hose system is not something that you should take for granted just because it is used to take your waste out of your RV. Buy the one that is made from high-quality material. It ensures you no waste will leak out of the hose so that you will not be embarrassed in front of other people.
Choose among the best products that are already tested by many users. The most recommended one is the Lippert Waste Master because of the innovative features that it has that you can’t find in the other products.
The Lippert Waste Master has a unique cam-lock system and design that makes waste draining flow smoothly without any obstruction. For those reasons, it is the best RV sewer hose in the market.
Last update on 2021-01-18 at 22:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.