Buying a toilet for campers like you, needs research and canvassing. You know that you will have to make use of the limited resources you have in your RV. You also know that the toilet is an important part of the RV.
Don’t ruin the fun of camping just because of the feeling that you need to do your business but you can’t find a rest stop nearby. You don’t want your kids to nag you in the middle of the travel just because they want to pee.
If you’re a camper or if you live in an RV, you are aware that having a toilet installed in your vehicle is not a luxury but a necessity.
Best RV Toilet Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Best RV Toilet Review
- 2 RV Toilet Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
The Dometic 310 RV toilet is another top pick product produced by Dometic, which is a popular merchant of RV products. The users love this toilet because it is easy to install, to clean, and to use.
This toilet weighs only 37.8 lbs, which is light enough to be carried. The seat height is 18 inches which is the standard height for an adult toilet seat.
One of the great features of this product is that it doesn’t take a lot of space in your RV. The depth is 19 inches, the height is 20 inches, and the width is 15 inches. It is a toilet that offers hygienic use and comfort at the same time.
Dometic RV Toilet is not just a simple tool to use when you want to do your business. It is highly commended for its aesthetic appeal to the eyes. It is elegant and boasts a European-inspired design.
The best thing about this product is that it is designed to be readily available for the water line connection. The product is easy to install because you are only required to use two bolts.
The Dometic 310 Incorporates a PowerFlush technology and one of the gravity flush toilets in the market. The flush also features the swirl-jet bowl rinse action to ensure that the toilet will flush cleanly and a 360-degree vortex flush pattern that cleans the toilet with less mess.
- The flush is efficient for eliminating the waste from the toilet bowl and rinsing the toilet clean at the same time
- The height of the toilet can accommodate almost anyone
- It takes only a few minutes to install
- Comes in a complete package with bolts that you’ll need for installation
- Not durable enough
- Some people don’t like the toilet’s design
- Bone Color (off white)
- Best In Class gravity flush
- Comfortable 18" ergonomic seat height
The Thetford Aqua-Magic is known for its unique flush feature. The flush is in the pedal form which is considered hygienic. Some people use their feet on a hand flash for flushing a toilet because they are afraid that there are lots of germs on a hand flash.
There’s a Thetford RV toilet model that uses a hand flash instead if you prefer this kind of model.
The texture is scuff resistant and the lid sheds water. Flushing the toilet is easy for a Thetford RV toilet because it allows full-bowl coverage of 100% and adds the water half-way to ensure thorough rinsing.
The Thetford RV Toilet is available in low and high profile to fit it to a small or large space and to accommodate the specific height of the user. The high profile toilet is lightweight and comfortable, weighing only 9.5 lbs. It is economical, easy-to-use, and pleasing to the eyes.
The Thetford Aqua-Magic is commonly used for RVs, marine, healthcare, portable restroom, outdoor activities, trucking, toddler training, and vans. For this reason, this product is one of the best RV toilets that you can find in the market.
- Easy to install
- There are two types of profile which are designed to accommodate the height and comfort of the user
- Includes a three-year warranty
- Easy to maintain
- Available either in a pedal flush or hand flush model
- Highly portable
- The two types of profile can only accommodate a specific height of users in which the others might find a certain profile uncomfortable
- Aqua-Magic V is the RV toilet with a classic style and...
- The toilet has a single-pedal system - press it halfway to...
- Aqua-Magic V has a textured lid which sheds water and...
If you’re low on a budget or you don’t have enough time to install a toilet in your RV, portable camper toilets are the best option. One of the best among these products is the Camco 41541. This product is small and lightweight enough to be taken anywhere.
The Camco Portable RV Toilet isn’t just liked by the users because of its portability but also for its efficiency in holding the waste. The toilet is made from polyethylene that’s why it is compact and easy to take anywhere.
The portable models of RV toilets by Camco are available in two sizes, the 2.6 gallons and the 5.3 gallons. You can choose any of these depending on your camping needs. The models are also available in two styles, the premium and the standard.
The Camco 41541 is a standard toilet that can contain up to 5.3 gallons of waste. The 5.3 gallon refers to the tank that is used to hold the waste. This tank is detachable from the toilet. You can easily slip it out on the side, clean it, and put it back in.
The valves located on the side ensure that the content and the odors are sealed and there is no leakage. There are side latches too that keep the tank secured in place in the toilet.
The flush is bellow type. There’s a slide valve used for flushing.
- Odor is locked in
- Made from durable materials
- Has a handle for portability
- Can contain up to 5.3 gallons
- Some people find the toilet uncomfortable because of its small size
- Clogs easily
- 5.3 gallon holding tank is detachable; 2.5 gallon flush tank
- Sealing slide valve locks in odors and protects against...
- Side latches secure the tank to the toilet
The T-Type Three Directional Flush Toilet is a portable RV toilet. The material is made from polyethylene that’s why you’re assured that this product will last for a long time. It is small and lightweight, weighing only 11.5 lbs. when empty.
This toilet was created by Leopard Outdoor Corporation. It’s most amazing feature is the three-way flush in full coverage. The flush functions efficiently and quietly.
The T-Type RV Toilet comes completely with a lid, bowl, and seat which are corrosion resistant. The tank has a holding capacity of 5.2 gallons. The toilet is designed with the valve on the side to keep the odor inside without the possibility of leakage.
The waste tank is detachable and easy to clean. The tank is placed securely in the toilet because of the two side latches. For this reason, the tank will always be in its proper position even if you’re in a moving RV.
There’s an available handle to add to the portable feature of the product. It is designed to accommodate people of any height and age.
To use the product, there is no need to use power or external water connections. It uses a bellow type flush to clean the content of the tank with 12L of water that allows you to use up to 50 flushes.
- Uses bellow type of flush
- Up to 50 flushes
- Odor doesn’t leak
- The waste tank is secure to its place
- Some people find the toilet uncomfortable to sit on.
The Thetford Porta Potti RV Toilet is a 10-pound toilet model has a unique and sleek design which is different from the other products. Its design is modern-looking in which the function is to provide additional comfort.
What’s amazing about this product is that it is capable of containing 4 gallons of water that you can use for flushing up to 66 times. The flush control is battery-powered and hidden.
You have to check the water content level of the toilet that is allotted for flushes from time to time using the water-level content indicator.
The waste tank can hold 5.5 gallons of liquid. Unlike the other products, the Thetford Porta Potti 92360 has a waste tank that is separate from the other components. The reason why it is easier to clean compare to the other products.
Slanting spout of the toilet allows you to dispose the waste tank content easily. The other amazing feature of this product is that it has a hidden compartment which you can use to store tissue papers.
There’s a carrying handle that you can use for additional portability and an optional hold down kit.
- The height of the seat is standardized
- The base is stable to support any weight
- Slanting spout feature for easy disposal
- A unique compartment feature
- 66 flushes
- Water-level indicator is available
- An immediate stop is experienced by a few users
- Customer service is difficult to reach
- The lid is not durable enough to support an average human weight, so you cannot use it as a chair
- [VERSATILITY]: Award-winning, top-of-the-line portable...
- [DESIGN]: Sleek, modern, and homelike look, Porta Potti...
- [FUNCTIONALITY]: Easy to use and clean, Curve has an...
RV Toilet Buying Guide
What to Look for When Buying a Toilet for Your RV?
The best toilets for RV depends on your needs and preferences. You may want to take your height and comfort into consideration and the added features of the product. Aside from these, here are the general pointers that you have to consider in buying a toilet for camping.
1) Easy to Repair – In buying a toilet, you have to make sure that the resources needed for its repair is readily available on the market. You also have to make sure that the toilet installation is easy and the waste tank stays in place securely even if you’re riding on a bumpy road inside your RV.
One tip is that the smaller toilets are easier to install than the bigger ones.
2) Features – Different RV toilet brands are competing on the market. Each of them says that their product is the best. Honestly saying, each of these products has its own benefits and disadvantages. You just have to take a good look before buying it.
Make sure that the features rendered by the product will benefit you and you’ll get the value of what you pay for.
3) Hygiene – Hygiene is the most important consideration when you’re planning to buy a toilet for your RV. It is not just because the waste leakage looks and smells disgusting, but also capable of spreading germs and diseases.
Choose a toilet that secures that waste disposal in place and keeps the odor locked in for hours.
4) Type of Product – There are different types of RV toilets. Each has its own advantages. Choose the one that’s right for your RV by taking its features and purposes in to consideration.
For example, if you own two RVs and you don’t want to buy two toilets to install in each of the RVs, you may opt to buy a portable toilet instead.
Different Kinds of RV Toilets
1) Vacuum – A toilet with a vacuum flush is can be placed anywhere in an RV. For this reason, it is the toilet type that is considered as the most convenient to use.
It works by pulling down the waste from the toilet bowl through the macerating pump and the vacuum vessel. The flush technology of a vacuum toilet separates the waste tank and the toilet..
2) Macerating – A macerating toilet for RV has a drainage that his more flowing compared to the other toilet types. From the term itself, the toilet has blades that are motor-powered that mash up the waste disposal.
For this reason, a toilet with this kind of flush has a tank and toilet separately installed..
3) Gravity – RV toilets with gravity flash are the most traditional type of toilet. This type of toilets is the ones that are commonly used in RVs. It has the simplest form of flush technology that is installed on top of the waste tank.
4) Cassette – A cassette toilet system includes a small toilet bowl placed permanently and directly on top of the waste tank. When somebody uses a cassette toilet, the waste will go directly to the disposal tank.
The cassette is the commonly used toilet system in caravans and campervans.
5) Portable – A portable RV toilet is commonly made from stainless or plastic. The weight is light and the design is compact. It has a handle that allows you to take it anywhere you like.
It has a detachable waste tank. You can just slide it from the toilet to remove it. You have to drain the waste tank from once in a while after it becomes full.
This type of toilet is not just used for camping, but also a popular toilet for hospitals, marine camp, and anywhere else where a permanent toilet is not available.
How to Install or Replace Your RV Toilet?
- First of all, clean the area where you want to install the toilet. Remove any possible hindrances like chairs, rocks, furniture, and the like. Measure the new toilet and see if it fits in the designated place for it.
- Turn off the water pump of your RV to eliminate the air pressure and water inside the pipelines. You may use this opportunity to check your water connection. The water connection is important because it is the key to make the flush work.
- Remove any wrapping from the toilet’s bottom because it could be a great hindrance along the process.
- Lay an old towel or cloth down because there’s a possibility for water drippings as you install your toilet.
- Unscrew the nuts and bolts that you can find under the old toilet, even the hose that is connected to the toilet’s back. Place the old toilet on top of the towel to catch its drippings.
- Fit the new toilet perfectly on the floor by twisting or rocking it gently.
- Replace the old gasket with the new one that comes along with the new toilet. A maintained gasket prevents the sewage system from leaking.
- Place the new toilet on the ring and fit it perfectly together with the bold that you can find inside the holes of the bottom.
- Screw the nuts and bolts lightly. Sit on the new toilet and rock it gently to test if it’s wobbling.
- Attach the hose back and tighten the nuts and bolts enough to keep the toilet securely in place.
- Switch the water pump back on and flush the toilet. Check for any leaks.
- Lastly, clean up the working area and remove the old RV toilet.
The best RV toilet is can only be determined by the user. There are different types of toilet for RVs. Each has different features too.
Only the user can determine his needs and product feature that he is looking for. There are users who prefer a toilet with macerating flush, while the others prefer a portable one.
However, if you’re going to compare the product reviews mentioned above, you’ll see that the best portable toilet is the Thetford 92369 Porta Potti.
This is because of the uniqueness of its features which includes the battery-powered flush and the 66 flushes. Other portable RV toilets have bellow type of flush and can only provide 50 flushes.
Last update on 2021-04-11 at 04:07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.