Snorkeling and scuba diving are exciting activities which you can only enjoy with the best scuba mask. Finding the right one that fits you should be your first priority if you ever decide to go diving.
The quality of your scuba mask can either make or break your experience because it determines what you see while you’re underwater. You surely won’t enjoy your diving trip if you see nothing but a blurry or foggy image.
You may think that buying your first diving mask is a simple task and that you can just go to the nearest diving shop and get yourself a pair. But basically, there are many things to consider when it comes to finding the perfect one. Read on for some tips and information.
Best Scuba Mask Review
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Scuba Mask Review
- 1.1 Cressi PANO 4 Wide View Scuba Dive & Snorkeling Mask
- 1.2 Phantom Aquatics Panoramic Scuba Snorkeling Dive Mask
- 1.3 IST Prescription Mask- Optical Corrective Scuba Diving Snorkeling Mask
- 1.4 Kraken Aquatics Scuba Dive Mask with Silicone Skirt and Strap
- 1.5 OctoMask GoPro Hero5 for Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
- 2 The Best Scuba Mask Buying Guide
- 3 Conclusion
Cressi PANO 4 brings you the popular design of the Panoramic Mask, which gives snorkelers and divers a wide and spacious view.
The Cressi PANO 4 Wide View Scuba Dive Mask is the best scuba mask to choose if you want to have a great peripheral vision as you go snorkeling or diving. It is built with high-quality materials like its polycarbonate frame that has soft silicone rubbers and a feathered edged skirt.
The lenses in this are all made of tempered glass and are specifically made for those who want a panoramic view underwater. The panoramic effect gives divers an amazing field of view with its multi-lens design and good internal volume which helps keep the scuba mask clear.
The silicone rubber used in the mask strap is designed for even spreading of pressure on the user’s face for better fit and comfort.
The PANO 4 also features an easy adjust ratchet buckles so you can find the perfect fit even while you’re underwater. To aid you in ear equalization, this one also has a one-hand nose pocket that is very easy to reach and can be used even when you’re wearing gloves. It’s great to use for snorkeling and diving because it doesn’t fog, has a snug fit and gives you a great range of vision.
It comes in 5 colors including Cobalt Blue, Black, Yellow, Clear Black and Clear Blue so you can choose whatever fits your scuba gear. It also comes with a 12-month limited warranty.
- The Pano 4 features a four-lens panoramic design for maximum...
- It is made of 100 percent high quality silicone for comfort...
- It features easy adjusting buckles for convenience, and an...
Phantom Aquatics brings you the best scuba mask with a panoramic view and metallic range with its new Scuba Snorkeling dive mask.
This mask gives you a crystal clear view while you explore the world underneath the sea. The skirts on this dive mask are double sealed with silicone for an enhanced fit and comfort. The mask has a single lens that comes with a seamless window responsible for an amazing panoramic view.
The Phantom Aquatics dive and snorkeling mask is made with a newer and lower volume styling for an even better fit and an over molded frame design. For easier equalization under water, you can rely on tits easy nose pocket to work for you.
The Phantom Aquatics mask is specifically designed to keep the water out while you’re submerged or when you’re on the surface.
This is perfect for beginners at snorkeling as it is designed to help you breathe easily and the splash guard found at its top is capable of reducing water entry. You will definitely love the silicone mouthpiece that gives you a comfortable fit and is 100% hypoallergenic. It was designed to give you the best level of comfort so you can enjoy your underwater adventure even better.
Overall, the Phantom Aquatics Snorkeling and Dive mask is a great product that is worth your hard earned money. This is one of the top-most recommended masks by scuba instructors all over the world because of its high-quality constructions and reliable materials.
- Patented Tri-Window Design, Seamless Side Windows for...
- Revolutionary Push-Button Buckle for Easy and Quick Strap...
- Foldable and Flexible Buckle Attachment that Swivel with...
IST makes sure that you get the most out of your snorkeling or diving adventure by giving you the best scuba mask choice. The IST Prescription Mask has received a lot of positive reviews online because of its functional features and great value for money. The IST mask comes in a very affordable price making it a great option for beginners and those who just want to try diving or snorkeling for a few times.
Although it comes in a very cheap price, still, this has a lot of competitive features that can match even the most expensive masks today. For starters, it has a very snug fit which will keep water away from your face as you submerge.
It is versatile and high-quality mask that is low profile as well as internal volume. It is also made to be light and compact so it will fit perfectly in your gear bag.
This prescription mask features a soft and 100% hypoallergenic injected silicone skirt that has a feathered edge seal which makes it comfortable. It gives you a great field of view in every direction with its low volume and minimum lens distance.
The swivel buckle that comes with it is adjustable to suit your preferences and its one-of-a-kind shape is much suited for people with a narrow face.
The IST Prescription mask is one of the most affordable masks that you can find in the market today. Take advantage of its advanced features on your first diving trip.
No products found.
For those who are planning to make scuba diving a hobby or those who want to get their diving license, the Kraken Aquatics Scuba Dive Mask is the best scuba mask and also one of the best snorkel mask options.
It is made with a versatile layout and is engineered to give you extra protection when you are underwater. The hypoallergenic silicone found at the top is soft and perfectly conforms to the face’s contours to for a more relaxed diving experience.
This dive mask was made to have a watertight seal that is leak-proof and provides no hassle for the wearer. It features tempered glass lenses that is less likely to get foggy as you dive underwater and is less likely to get turn yellow overtime. Tempered glass is also known to be resistant to scratching and shattering giving you clarity and a long-lasting feature that lets you use it on every diving trip for years.
The mask comes with a comfortable and adjustable buckle to fit every type of face perfectly. It works simply by pulling the straps to your preferred setting and it will secure the straps automatically. The rugged materials that were used to make this mask is perfect for scuba diving and is able to handle the usual wear and tear that is normal to any kind of extreme sport.
As an added bonus, Kraken Aquatics claim that their merchandise is free from fabric and factory defects for up to 2 years after the date of purchase.
- Flexible Silicone for Leak-Proof, Comfort Seal: Skirt and...
- Tempered-Glass Lens for Safety: Forget flimsy plastic...
- Convenient Buckle for Easy Adjustment: Simply pull the...
Octomask came up with a great idea to allow divers to shoot amazing underwater footage as they enjoy their diving activity while keeping their hands free.
The OctoMask GoPro Hero5 for Scuba Diving and Snorkeling is the best diving mask for those who love to take videos of their trips. This great diving gear innovation works with all GoPro Models including the latest Hero5 for your convenience.
OctoMask built their product with safety feature like tempered lenses and low volume design to ensure excellent visibility. It also has extra soft silicone that ensures great seal and zero leaks as you dive underwater.
This one is made with dual lenses that are made with tempered glass which is durable and long-lasting. It also has big nose pockets that aid the wearer for easier ear equalization.
It comes with an aluminum thumbscrew and a travel bag so you can store it easily and attach your GoPro camera anytime you want. The mount is made to be secure and sturdy to keep your camera from falling off even through sudden movements. It is also made to be shock resistant so you can take high-resolution pictures and videos that are clear and steady.
Another great thing about this product is that OctoMask allows you to return the masks if you’re not happy with it. This is a great offer from one of the most well-known producers of high-quality scuba masks in the world.
- WORKS WITH ALL GOPRO MODELS including the new GoPro Hero 8,...
- 100% MASK FIT GUARANTEE to ensure you have the best possible...
- FEATURES AN ULTRA SOFT SILICONE SKIRT made from the highest...
The Best Scuba Mask Buying Guide
What is a Scuba Mask?
Scuba masks are not the same with other types of diving masks because it is specifically made for scuba diving activities. They are usually made from high-quality materials including tempered glass and silicon to enhance comfort and give you the best diving experience possible.
While scuba masks are made for scuba diving, you can also opt to use it for snorkeling activities to get the most out of your purchase. These dive masks are created to have less fog and a clearer view to enjoy the beauty of underwater life.
Things to Consider when Choosing the Best Scuba Mask
1) Right Fit – When you are out shopping for the best scuba mask, your first priority should always be to get the proper fit for your face. You will find a rubber-like part of the mask which makes contact with the face—this is called a skirt. The purpose of the skirt is to seal the dive mask and prevent water from coming in. A skirt that does not do its job will create a lot of problem for the wearer.
It is best to get a scuba mask that fits you perfectly and has 0 leaks between the skirt and your face. Even a slow leak can lead you to tread water constantly to get rid of it. This will need more energy and will eventually lead to tiredness or fatigue.
2) Wide Skirt – You already know what a mask’s skirt is so you need to observe the edges of this skirt and you will find that they come in different widths.
As a general rule, the more of the skirt’s edge that makes contact with your skin, the more watertight seal it creates. This means that if you find a diving mask with a wider skirt, it should be a better choice than a mask with a narrow skirt.
3) Materials – If you are going to buy your first dive mask, it’s better to choose the one that is made of high-quality materials.
For the frame, one of the popular materials for the best scuba mask is polycarbonate as it is lightweight and durable.
For the skirt, you can opt for the silicone material instead of rubber as it becomes brittle and may crack after some time.
4) Peripheral Vision – While trying out a mask in the store, put the mask on while keeping your head still and start rolling your eyes in every direction. By doing so, you can check the peripheral vision and see if the scuba mask offers a wider view.
You will find that some masks give you a tunnel vision while some makes you feel like you are in front of a window.
5) Zero Fog Lens – There are manufacturers that offer No Fog Lenses for their scuba masks. While it’s true that no mask is absolutely fog-free, these masks are designed to have a very low fog tolerance. These masks usually need a short preparation to ensure that they remain crystal clear throughout the dive.
6) Vision Enhancing Tint – There are mask lenses that are created to increase its clarity as you go underwater even during conditions under low-light. This is all because of the special tint that transforms images and makes them crisper and clearer. It is usually done by removing the glare and filtering some wavelengths of light.
The special tinting actually makes a difference if you try them out but it’s not really a top priority.
7) Low volume – When you dive underwater, the weight of the water above starts to compress the air inside the scuba diving mask. The deeper you go underwater, the more the water is above you which also means that there is more pressure. Because of this pressure, you need to learn how to equalize the pressure by exhaling through your nose using the air from your lungs.
Masks with low volume are made with lenses that are closer to your face to reduce the air volume inside. The smaller amount of volume inside the mask, the less you have to equalize which lets you keep more air inside the lungs. It also helps keep the lenses fog-free.
How to Get the Best Scuba Mask with the Right Fit
It is very important to get the best scuba mask with the right fit to enjoy your diving trip. To ensure that you have the right mask, here are some steps that you can try.
- Put the mask against the face and do not utilize its strap.
- Inhale through your nose gently.
- See if the dive mask sticks to your face and stay on without any air leaks.
- Check if it does not continuously create suction through the nose.
Tips on How to Keep the Best Scuba Mask from Fogging
1) Avoid Taking your Mask On and Off – If you are going to use your mask for snorkeling, the rule is that once you put it on, you need to leave it there. Every attempt to pull it away from the face allows moist air to enter which will then condense because of the cold air inside. This condensation will lead to more moisture inside the mask and the foggier it will be.
2) Use a Defog – You can use a substance called defog that is applied to the inside of the scuba mask which can prevent condensation. This solution is a great invention and it really makes a difference when it comes to fogging.
You can buy it in any dive shop and are very affordable so you can use them every time you want to dive or snorkel.
3) Get the Mask with the Perfect Fit – As mentioned above, you need the dive mask with the perfect fit as it will prevent the water from leaking in. It will also lessen the times when you have to exhale through your nose to equalize.
In general, a mask with the right fit will give you a bunch of benefits which is why it is a top priority.
The best way to enjoy your scuba diving or snorkeling experience is to get the best quality gear which includes the best scuba mask. As a diver exploring life underwater, you would want to see everything clearly to appreciate its beauty.
There are different styles and types of fields of views available to different scuba masks today but the most popular one is that which offers a panoramic view.
It is recommended that you get the best scuba mask that provides the perfect fit as it gives a diver a lot of great benefits including less fogging and a clearer view. You should take advantage of the best scuba masks available in the market today to start with, check out the scuba mask reviews and dive mask reviews. Thereafter, you may enhance your snorkeling or diving activities.
Last update on 2021-01-18 at 20:38 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.