Looking for the best UV flashlight in the market is the most difficult task of all. You need to determine several considerations even before stepping in to the store or market. Some UV flashlights are costly but only because they are a product line of a popular brand. This article will provide you with the specs and features of the most popular ones out there that will aid you in deciding for the item that will suit you, your lifestyle and your needs.
This article will also give the users some idea about some considerations in picking for the type of UV flashlight that they will patronize. These criteria, combined with each other, will help the users maximize their utility in their given product.
Finally, the review will discuss various measures that one has to observe in order to perform bulb replacement properly. This is to ensure that once the UV flashlight unit failed to work, you will never have to replace it immediately.
Best UV/Blacklight Flashlight Reviews
Table of Contents
- 1 Best UV/Blacklight Flashlight Reviews
- 1.1 TaoTronics TT-FL001 Pets Urine and Stains Detector
- 1.2 Esco-Lite 395 nm 51 UV Ultraviolet LED flashlight
- 1.3 OxyLED 51 LEDs Pet UV Urine Stain Detector Blacklight Flashlight
- 1.4 Scorpio Premium 51 LED 395 nm UV Ultraviolet Blacklight Flashlight
- 1.5 Black Light UV Flashlight 100 LED Blacklight Premium Handheld Ultraviolet
- 2 UV/Blacklight Flashlight Buying Guide
- 3 DIY Tips
- 4 Conclusion
When you need the most basic function of a blacklight flashlight, never fret – you have the TaoTronics TT-FL001 Pets Urine and Stains Detector that will surely find its way to your home. Other than being budget-friendly, the TaoTronics’ genius provides the user with a device capable of detecting even the most undetectable with a naked eye.
TaoTronics Urine and Stains detector provides the user with 395 nm wavelength output that is capable of detecting even the most hidden stains in the rug, carpets, and floorings. The UV flashlight has 12 top quality Ultraviolet LED lights that will surely reveal all that you need to see in the target area by focusing the UV lights within specific vicinity. The top quality UV lights function to reveal phosphors, the substance emitting light because of radiation. The gadget only uses three AAA batteries that will also provide the user with less battery replacement expenses all while maintaining a quality output in the process.
This UV flashlight is best used in looking for carpet stains from animal urine, identifying fake IDs, showing UV dyes when looking for a gas leak, and even for finding scorpions.
Users identified the 4.5-rated UV flashlight as a reliable product for quick consumption, like determining the source of the pungent smell in bathroom, determining floor dirt, etc.
To sum up, the TaoTronics TT-FL001 Pets Urine and Stains Detector can make owners have their instant need for UV LED light satisfied, as it is both cheap and reliable in terms of specifications and product quality.
The Esco-Lite 395 nm 51 UV Ultraviolet LED flashlight boasts of its unique feature over the other black light flashlight in the market: it covers wide areas than concentrated areas as featured by some brands. With this, you are sure to have a bigger view of the vicinity that shall aid you in looking for what you really want to see beyond the capabilities of your bare eyes.
The Esco-Lite UV flashlight offers a 390-395 nm flexible range, allowing you to see phosphors like never before that signifies movements and activities. This feature is also combined with the product’s 51 LED set which will aid in covering larger portions of the area in scrutiny. This will be useful especially in determining the extent of pest/rodent contamination, enforcing security control, and inspecting hotels and establishments. The gadget is also water and shock resistant, which makes it perfect for leak detection in house and building plumbings. The body, complementing the product’s strength, is made up of rugged aluminum finish with kurled design for aesthetics.
Users applauded the 4.4-rated UV flashlight as it truly revealed the hidden dirt and residues lying in on the carpets of their homes. Some also noted that the illuminations around the main light can also brighten phosphors within the area, revealing pests such as scorpions and termites.
Users who want a larger view of the area that they want to scrutinize using LED blacklight flashlight, and affordable at the same time go for Esco-Lite 395 nm 51 UV Ultraviolet LED flashlight.
For a more professional product (that is, the UV flashlight used for police operations), you have to try OxyLED 51 LEDs Pet UV Urine Stain Detector Blacklight Flashlight. The product from OxyLED does not have to compromise quality in order to cover larger areas in contrast with other brands offering 51 or more UV lights. This makes it more favorable for policemen, customs employees, medical forensics, and even HVAC repairmen.
The $16 UV LED flashlight produces 325 nm wavelengths with its 51 UV LEDs that is similar to some products in the market. However, the OxyLED is 30% brighter – which gives it an edge in determining particulates that are not seen by cheaper variants of UV torches.
The body of the UV flashlight consists of aircraft-grade aluminum treated with anti-abrasive anodizing surface. This ensures that it last longer than normal by providing water and shock resistance – even in a one meter fall, the product stays put. This is useful for heavy-industry purposes and for determining unseen residues in heavy waterworks. Despite this, it still has a slim design, weighing only 285 grams with three AAA batteries.
Users rated the LED flashlight with a 4.4, saying that it is ergonomic enough to be used by any types of user – by providing clear polarity labels in batteries and by providing hand strap that fits all sizes of hands. Some stated that this is a big bargain for its price, noting that its 51 395nm UV lights should cost more.
In total, the OxyLED 51 LEDs Pet UV Urine Stain Detector Blacklight Flashlight has more than what its price can tell – and you are not alone in being in awe with it, as this is a staple in the professional world involving highly-detailed scrutiny.
Similar to other products, the Scorpio Premium 51 LED 395 nm UV Ultraviolet Blacklight Flashlight also renders more in-depth inspection of the area you want to unveil.
The UV flashlight offers 51 strong UV lights emitting 325 nm radiations. This is to uncover even the hidden dirt surrounding the house or the location. The aluminum construction of the body makes it last longer than usual – even protecting the bulbs to its 100,000 hours maximum capacity. The body is covered with O-rings that shall shield the entire material from water slip. This can last 20 hours long on three AA alkaline batteries – providing you with comfort of not having to constantly replace the batteries.
It is ensured with a 30-day money back guarantee for any reasons deemed by the consumers to be unsatisfactory. The UV torch is also covered by the one year standard warranty for any malfunctions in the system.
Some of the customers rated the $17, 4.6-graded UV flashlight as lot brighter than similar and more expensive backlights. They also commended the product for being able to determine even the fluids existing in the surface. Its ergonomics is also not far behind, as the package for the product includes wrist strap, and its grip covered with imprints providing better friction for the users.
This UV flashlight by the Scorpio provides the user a product that strictly performs its function. If the price discourages your purchase, then you will never have to experience having a backlight used by many professionals around the world.
Finally, the last to make the list is the Black Light UV Flashlight 100 LED. The same says it all – it can cover large portion of the area in scrutiny through its multitudes of Led bulbs. The UV torch can also deliver clearer image of the residue left behind by any motion or activity.
The Black Light UV torch utilizes 100 energy-efficient LED bulbs capable of determining body fluids in the hotel room, looking for the scorpions and other similar pests, or detecting counterfeit money, among others. It uses 6 AA batteries yet it can last for so long. The product ranked 12th in animal urine detector, meaning that it is highly recommended for pet owners out there who want to have hygiene in their homes.
The body of the UV flashlight has a more rigid yet lighter composition than the others, as it is made up of lightweight premium aluminum. This makes the product ready for use at home, on the go, or anywhere else the user may bring their pets. It also has a nice balance feel to it when carried around despite the six AA batteries being held inside.
Users rated the UV flashlight with a high of 4.6, saying that it is so bright that you need to have UV glasses to protect your eyes from the reflected radiation from the surface. They commended its 100 LED bulb, because it aids in determining small stains that cannot be detected by cheaper variants in the market.
If you really want to invest heavily on an LED flashlight, especially for pet lovers who are having problems with hygiene inside their homes, you have to give Black Light’s product a try. This is to ensure that you get the most utility out of every value you will spend in the market, and that you will have a product that last long enough to give you savings in the long run.
UV/Blacklight Flashlight Buying Guide
The next sections will provide the users with enough information that will aid him in choosing for their best UV flashlight. This information ranges from the types of flashlights out there, the criteria you need to set in order to distinguish one brand from the other, and some helpful DIY tips in replacing the bulb.
Types of Flashlights
There are only limited types of blacklight flashlight. However, for the purpose of making you aware of these types of useful UV lights, the article will provide you with types of flashlights and their corresponding UV bulbs.
- Incandescent Bulbs – This type of bulb is the most common type of bulb in the market. Also known as the blacklight blue, some UV flashlights that come with this type of bulb cost less than the LED’s. But, it won’t prolong its lifespan because of the filament’s extreme usage as well as the emitted heat of the light.
- LED Lights – This class doesn’t utilize filaments, in that way the bulb as well as the UV flashlight can last. Those Typically, LED’s carry-on more than any others ; although, you may purchase it more expensively –for that reason a number of items using this type of bulb are costly.
- Krypton/Halogen/Xenon Bulb – The incandescent bulbs’ redefinition uses halogen, krypton and Xenon to persist the UV flashlight’s span. Compared to the incandescent lights, it has lengthier life and more glaring light but still shorter span than of LED’s.
In determining your next purchase of UV flashlight, several criteria have to be set in order to make the most out of your money. These should be put in balance with each other especially with this product since one purchase of this type of flashlight last for a long time.
- Purpose of the Purchase – When you want to purchase a UV flashlight because of your persisting problems with animal urines, you may opt to buy the most expensive units or brands of UV flashlight. These types give the user the capability to determine wet areas that cannot be done by cheaper variants. Some products also specializes in reflecting pests, especially the ones that have wider light reach (100 LEDs).
- Area of Scope – If you are using the product in small room carpet, you will only need to buy those that only have 50 LEDs. This will not only provide you with purchase savings but also in battery consumption. If the portion concerned is a wide office or a huge indoor area, you might need a more expensive variant in order to perform the function more easily, more efficiently, and more effectively. Brightness of the UV flashlight is also a function of the size of the area of scope.
- Budget – To maximize your purchase, you have to first determine your purchasing power, and then determine which brand/product of LED flashlight offers the most number of features. You may also be interested in ranking the products within your budget according to their bulb life, armor strength, or LED count. Nevertheless, you will have to put budget on your topmost consideration before choosing for the specs and features of the product.
UV flashlights have a considerable difficulty in maintaining. When one bulb goes off, the entire unit collapses. Thus, it is never the prerogative of the user but a must to replace the entire unit or to replace the head bulb of the UV LED flashlight should product failure occur. These are the tips should you consider doing the latter:
- Before bulb replacement, examine the batteries to verify which of the two were really broken in your UV light.
- Inquiry on the type of bulb will lessen the risk of damaging the unit when bulb replacement will be done. Information on LED flashlights’ bulbs will follow to render familiarity on their varieties.
- To be certain if the bulb or the whole UV flashlight requires replacement, check the wirings inside to inspect faulty connections.
It is best to consider the amount of information available in this review first before purchasing your next product. This will determine your pattern of consumption for the coming years, and the corresponding costs it will entail with it. You may start with looking for the reviews of the basic and popular products in the market, and consult first-hand some friends or relatives about these products. Then, given enough information, you may try these products for yourself or, if budget prevents you to do so; you may try it in the store. You put into consideration all factors, criteria and personal demands you have for a UV flashlight before buying the said product. All said and done, you are ready for your next purchase of the flashlight that will aid you in critical aspects of your life.
Last update on 2020-10-14 at 18:29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. More info.