Table of Contents
[easyazon_link asin=”B00889ZYPQ” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”airtoolguy0a-20″ add_to_cart=”default” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”default”]California Air Tools CAT-6310 Air Compressor[/easyazon_link] is the quietest air compressor in the market, and for someone who has had a fair share of noisy air compressors operating at home, this machine has definitely made a whole lot of difference.
Our old air compressor looked super sleek and modern, but what good is design if operation is subpar? So I was left with no choice but to continue my search for an air compressor that will not disrupt anyone when in use. My search for ‘quiet air compressor’ led me to the California Air Tools CAT-6310, and it proves to be one of the best choices I’ve ever made.
Ultra Quiet Air Compressor with only 60 Decibels
The most common complain with air compressors is the brutal noise it creates during operation. The California Air Tools CAT-6310 Steel Tank Air Compressor is built with a powerful 1.0 HP motor, operating at only 1680 RPM. It is the only model in the market that boasts having only 60 decibels of sound, which is as quiet as a normal conversation. If noise is a major consideration for you, you won’t go wrong with this unit.
Let’s see in action how quiet this CAT-6310 Air Compressor is (the CAT is the 1st one on the left, operating at 0:23 mark)
Durable Motor with low RPM
The powerful motor operates at 1 rated HP and up to 2 peak HP with speed of 1680 RPM, which is responsible for the low noise and virtually no vibration. The low RPM feature also improves the life of your air compressor’s motor. Powered by a standard 110V power supply, the motor has a built-in thermal overload protector that turns off the motor when it reaches 135° C or higher during operation.
Features and Specifications
- Smart design – CAT-6310 focuses on performance, so expect a straight-forward design with a steel tank and silver finish. It weighs only 49 pounds, which is quite light for something as powerful.
- 3-gallon tank – It may store a whopping 6.3 gallons, but it only takes 155 seconds to fill it up. The California Air Tools CAT-6310 Steel Tank Air Compressor also has a wheel kit included, making it easier to transport with additional space for air.
- Oil-free pump – The extra-large, dual piston pump requires no oil, which means you’ll save money from maintenance and use it even on a sloped or rough terrain.
- Quick and low amp draw – The unit draws 7.6 amps on start-up even during your first try. It works with no issues even in extreme cold weather, and dissolves heat more effectively.
- Above-average lifespan – All features of the California Air Tools CAT-6310 are chosen carefully to provide over 3,000 hours of pump and motor run-time.
- Two pressure control gauges – This model features two pressure control gauges: 3.80 CFM at 40 psi and 2.35 CFM at 90 psi with maximun pressure at 120 psi.
- Multi-function – This CAT compressor is able to handle various projects of hobbyists, homeowners, and even professionals who take on indoor work in areas where noise can be an issue. You can use it for small to medium jobs that require an air tool, such as air brushing or framing gun.
CAT-6310 Reviews and Scores
The #1 praise of the California Air Tools CAT-6310 Air Compressor from the 99 customer reviews at Amazon at the time of writing is that this unit is indeed “ultra quiet” with consistent performance. These fellow CAT users have awarded this machine with 4.7 stars out of a possible 5 on average.
Majority of the reviews are the in 5-star range, which are positive overall, but like any other compressors, there are a few disappointed customers. One customer said: “Quiet I guess for garage operations compared to a normal harbor freight air compressor. But way too load for an office setting.” It seems this customer needed something different for his heavy-duty requirement, as he explained further down his review: “Returned it for the quieter boxed compressor by the same company. Very happy with the 8010spc.”
Most customers, though, had the same positive experience as me. Other customers said, “my favorite compressor,” and “Very quiet. This is the only oiless compressor I have ever been able to talk over.” And finally, “Gets the job done and it does not lie. It is very quiet. Without the muffler component (that it comes with) you can talk over it. WITH the muffler unit it is no louder than a dishwasher. It is super quiet.”
In summary, the California Air Tools CAT-6310 Steel Tank Air Compressor is incredibly quiet for an air compressor its size. It is super lightweight for its 6.3 gallon tank, easy to assemble and transport and fills up in less than 2 minutes. This CAT unit won’t win any design awards, but it is well built with durable materials and will definitely get the job done and with virtually no noise. You won’t find any other compressor quieter than the [easyazon_link asin=”B00889ZYPQ” locale=”US” new_window=”default” nofollow=”default” tag=”airtoolguy0a-20″ add_to_cart=”no” cloaking=”default” localization=”default” popups=”no”]California Air Tools CAT-6310 Air Compressor[/easyazon_link] within its price range.