Honeywell HCM-6009 is another top-rated product coming from a family of trusted appliances worldwide. The machine features a nine-gallon output that could cover up to 1,900 square feet. The appliance is marketed for reducing flu and allergy issues when using a humidifier. It also has a distinctive air washing capability which could clean pollen, dirt, and dust all at the same time.
Aside from its unique round design, the appliance is powered by Protec Antimicrobial Cleaning Cartridge that keeps your indoor air quality fresh and clean all the time. Moreover, it is also equipped with Quiet Care, easy filling twin tanks, and automatic operations.
Protec Antimicrobial Cleaning Cartridge
Table of Contents
The feature is known for its patented antimicrobial material, Aquastat, which could put a halt on the bacterial and mold growth in your humidifier. The solution also prevents the accumulation of water slime in the surfaces of your appliance. Be rest assured that there are no harsh compounds in the cartridge, guaranteeing an easier cleaning solution with the use of only water. Furthermore, the material has no harmful substances while delivering cleaner and fresher mist.
This cartridge has been used in filters of drinking water to avoid additional taste and odor. The feature also keeps your appliance cleaner for long. Many have also adapted the cartridge for it is totally useful in killing bacteria and getting rid of odors.
Using Honeywell HCM-6009 at home eliminates the concern about noise by as much as 30 percent compared to its counterparts. The appliance is set to work in multiple rooms even during night time. Your kids can be tucked in bed without the risks of pollutants, dirt, and unclean air from the humidifier. Regardless of the output setting, there would be no extra noise generated.
Alongside the quiet technology is the production of fresher moisture. For every filling, it could run up to 24 hours without the annoying sound other machines produce when continuously used.
Even drawing of indoor water through the filter lacks noise. The moisture absorption then takes place smoothly while the air cleaning layer gets rid of pollen, dirt, and dust.
Honeywell HCM-6009 Features and Specifications
Honeywell HCM-6009 is a humidifier that is made with Protect Antimicrobial Cleaning Cartridge and QuietCare technology. It is available with wider twin tanks which are easy to fill, carry, and clean. The appliance also has knob controls that are very easy to use. You may also tweak other output and moisture settings. Additionally, the appliance is powered with automatic shut-off.
The humidifier could cover up to 1,900 square feet of a multi-room house. It runs up to 24 hours for every fill. The appliance has dimensions of 23.1 inches by 15 inches by 17.5 inches. The cumulative weight, on the other hand, is 19.9 pounds.
Given below are its other top features:
- Automatic Shut-Off – The humidifier is set to shut down when your desired humidity level is reached or whenever the tank of water needs refilling.
- Dual Water Tanks – The appliance has a high capacity dual water tank which could be removed, filled, and placed separately. This means that the tanks are easier to refill and maintain. For every tank, you could hold as much as 4.5 gallons of water and would last longer than expected. The use of two tanks eliminates the need to close the system when refilling.
- Portability – You may bring the machine from one room to another despite its bigger ventilation body. This only means that you could distribute humidified air equally across rooms.
- Sleek Design – The structure of the appliance is stylish and would complement the interior of your house. This eliminates the problem of looking for a place to put the appliance.
- Energy Savings – As claimed by its manufacturer, it uses less power compared to a light bulb working at 80 watts.
- Congestion and Cough Temporary Relief – The humidifier will keep the balance of humidity for your indoor air to ensure that you could comfortably recover from congestion and cough.
- Healthy Plants Maintenance – You may use the appliance to ascertain that your plants are obtaining sufficient moisture to promote its healthy growth.
Honeywell HCM-6009 Reviews
The editor’s rating is 7.8 out of 10.
Most of the feedbacks about Honeywell HCM-6009 are positive. According to the existing users, the appliance may not be perfect, but it deserves to be described as a good machine. It provides proper humidification which is the paramount requirement in selecting a humidifier. It works as intended and keeps humidity levels suitable constantly.
Things to Improve
The common concern of the appliance owners is the shape of the fill tanks. According to them, the present structure reduces the ease of transportation and filling. Nonetheless, it could be managed.
Honeywell HCM-6009 is a good product and deserves to be among the best. It does what it claims to do, and does not dissatisfy when it comes to value.
You may still check out other products by reading the best whole house furnace humidifier reviews.