Isn’t this just the sweetest little heart banner? I love the unexpected combination of rough, rustic burlap and soft red felt. You can hang the banner in a doorway or over a fireplace, or dress up your chairs for Valentine’s day dinner. Write whatever message you like on the hearts — I used jute twine and hot glue to add the lettering. Or, you could use yarn, ribbon or fabric paints to display your Valentine’s day message. Check out the simple tutorial!
You will need:
- Red Felt
- Hot glue
- Jute Twine
1. Cut a heart shape from a piece of burlap.
2. Use the heart as a template, trace it onto the burlap using marker.
3. Cut out your hearts.
4. Cut slightly smaller red hearts from red felt.
5. Cut a piece of ribbon the length that you would like your banner to be. If you plan to tie the banner to a chair remember to add additional length on the ends. Use hot glue to glue the ribbon between the burlap and the red felt heart. Glue each heart to the ribbon creating a banner.
6. For the letters, draw the letter onto the red felt using hot glue. Cut a small length of twine and press the twine into the glue while it’s still hot. Trim any excess fibers.
7. Let dry and then tie your banner to your chair, or hang it in a doorway.