ThruNite TN36/Mini TN30 3660 LED Flashlight is a flashlight you can count on against the most pitch-black of nights. Its LED has a lifespan of 20 or so years, more than any cheap incandescent bulb lights that burn out between 750 to 1,000 hours (a month or a little over a month) or all the way up to 2,500 hours (a little under three and a half months).
What’s more, it can go up to 7,300 lumens of brightness, making it arguably one of the brightest (if not the brightest) commercially available flashlight around.
Table of Contents
The closest competitor of the ThruNite TN36 can only reach 1,050 lumens of brightness, which is already blindingly bright in its right. This flashlight, however, is capable of producing more than seven times the lumens altogether (with the help of four 18650 batteries working simultaneously, of course).
It also has a Mini TN30 version that produces 3,660 lumens or more than twice the lumens of its competitor. As such, it’s probably the brightest flashlight you’ll ever get a hold of.
This brightness allows the torchlight to be versatile across the board for applications such as self-defense, duty light, camping, medical services, emergencies, security, law enforcement, and EDC (Every Day Carry).
Advanced Metal Switch and Multiple Modes
You’re assured of silent operation with a low voltage indicator on its advanced electronic metal switch. It also comes in multiple modes, from firefly to low, medium to high, and turbo to strobe. It even has ITC or Intelligent Temperature Control technology that protects the ThruNite TN36 from the dangers of overheating.
Its performance is ensured care of an updated and cutting-edge electronic system for good measure. Its body is also incredibly compact, with its sized similar to a 330 milliliter Coca-Cola can to ensure EDC ease.
ThruNite TN36 Specifications
- Weighs 403 grams without batteries
- Waterproof to IPX-8 standard (up to 2 meters), impact resistance (up to 2 meters)
- 320 meters maximum beam distance, 26000cd peak beam intensity
- 5 to 17.5 volts of working voltage, maximum beam distance is about 285 meters
- Peak beam intensity is 20360cd, uses four 18650 batteries (ThruNite3200Mah)
- Three CREE XP-L V6LEDs with a 20 or more years of runtime. It has 135.4 millimeters in length and 64 millimeters in diameter
Main flashlight has the following output modes:
- Moonlight has 2 lumens and lasts 33 days
- Low has 130 lumens and lasts 54 hours
- Medium has 850 lumens and lasts 587 minutes
- High has 2,500 lumens and lasts 194 minutes
- Turbo has 7,300 lumens and lasts 95 minutes
- Strobe has 7,300 lumens and lasts 137 minutes
Mini flashlight has the following output modes
- Moonlight Mode lasts for 98 days and releases 0.5 lumens
- Low Mode lasts for 123 hours and releases 46 lumens
- Medium Mode lasts for 15 hours and releases 470 lumens
- High Mode lasts for 190 minutes and releases 2,060 lumens
- Turbo Mode lasts for 120 minutes and releases 3,660 lumens
- Strobe Mode lasts for 234 minutes and releases 3,660 lumens
The ThruNite TN36 is probably the brightest flashlight many a customer has ever laid his or her eyes on and used. Its accessories include a holster, a battery carrier, a spare switch cap, and two spare O-rings. It’s a highly recommended flashlight according to numerous Internet reviews and my own estimations because of how bright it is, how versatile it is, and how both the standard and mini torchlight versions have multiple modes of operation.
You’re really getting your money’s worth when availing of this product. Even its shipping, packaging, delivery, and customer service are known to be top notch, which just adds to the overall score of this excellent torch. In short, I give ThruNite TN36 flashlight a well-deserved 9.5 over 10 rating.
Things to Improve
The ThruNite TN36 has gotten complaints from certain customers in regards to its lack of batteries and how hard it is to search online for spare batteries (which are egregious flaws considering the complete set of everything this whole flashlight set or kit has).
Other customers are confused about whether they even got the same product. Some of them received a subpar torch that has a disappointingly low light compared to what’s advertised in this review. Perhaps they’re factory defects, or there’s been a mix-up in the delivery. Other than that, there’s nothing but love left for ThruNite TN36 torchlight of sorts by many a customer out there.
Although the ThruNite TN36 is most certainly jam-packed with more benefits than you can shake a stick at (including a complete set of accessories, spare parts, and even a miniature version of the main product so that you’re getting two bright flashlights in one package (such that even the mini flashlight is brighter than the leading competitors), it still has its faults.
The thing is, those faults appear to be isolated instances of defects and getting the wrong product. Both the ThruNite TN36 and its miniature version work excellently. No ifs or buts. At any rate, take a look at other 18650 flashlight reviews at the indicated link.